The Resource For Musicals

Oklahoma! Forum

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Oklahoma! auditions in...3 days! 
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Post Oklahoma! auditions in...3 days!
OK, so yeah, I'm going to auditition for a community theater production of Oklahoma! Here's the deal. It's on Sunday, and I don't even know the song yet. I'm not really stressed, though, because I've worked with the director many times, and these auditions are VERY casual - people have sang Happy Birthday and made it. But it's still a good idea to sing a real song. Here's my info.

About 5'8", pretty skinny, brown hair. Barition to tenor voice - can struggle up to about a high G, but could probably do it with ease after some practicing. I normally don't get lead roles, so I'm not expecting one, but I still enjoy it. BUT, I'm hoping this audition will be different because 1) I'm much more confident than I've ever been, 2) I'm better than I've ever been, and 3) I'm at the top of the age limit - It's for 8-15 year olds, and I'm turning 16 this winter. Last production we did was Snoopy!!! so many parts went to the young ones, but this one should be different.

So what do y'all think? I'll probably go for Will and Andrew, but I'll definately take anything. And I've been thinking of singing Sixteen Going of Seventeen, but I don't know. That's not really a song I particularly like. Oh, and one more thing. The accompinist HATES me because my brother dropped out of her choir. So yeah, I probably will either sing a capella or maybe with a backing track, but one I could do without music would be wonderful.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:33 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Okay, so I was cast as Ike, which is good enough for me. Can anyone explain who Ike is?

Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:15 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Ike has some lines, iirc in the dialogue leading up to "Kansas City" and the "trial" near the end. It's been 17 years since I've been in the show.

Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:21 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Ike is one of the "guys" - there's several of them and they all have quite a few lines to say, if I remember Ike has more than most of them so you will have quite a few lines scattered through the show - you might even have a line to sing I really can't remember!
Have a fun show!

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:24 am
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

In "Farmer and the Cowman"...depending on whether you follow the score part of the libretto or the book part either curly or ike sings "and when this territory is a state, and joins the union just like all the others the cowman and the farmer and the merchant must all behave themselves and act like brothers."....and there's also a singing line in the song "oklahoma" for ike as well. Ike does have several lines too.

Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:16 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer
Ike is acually Curley's elderly boss. Ike Skidmore. the box social takes place on his ranch.

Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:56 am
Profile WWW
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Yeah, we got our scripts. I have a few lines - around twenty - and three solos. Two in Oklahoma, and one in Farmer and the Cowmen - and when this territory is a state... It's not that bad a part, considering it's really the biggest guy part that isn't a lead, but I'm still pretty annoyed because the person who plays Carnes is quite bad. He can barely read the script. But I don't care. It gives me more time to have fun in the wings.

Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]