The Resource For Musicals

Oklahoma! Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Question about auditioning etiquette 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Question about auditioning etiquette
I'm thinking of trying out for Oklahoma! next Summer but I have a decision to make. The camp that I go to is the same week of performances and I adore it. But I would love to do Oklahoma!. So here's my question:

I will be 16 at the time of audition so I highly doubt I would get either Laurey or Ado Annie which are the only two parts I would miss camp for. Even though I don't think I would get either part, I would still love to try out for the experience and just to see if I even made the chorus. So do you think it would be ok to try out knowing that if I only make the chorus I won't participate?

Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:04 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

It's fine. They may ask you if you would do any role in the show, and if they do, don't lie. Tell them that you're only interested in the two roles, due to a performance conflict.

I know my company is totally understanding of such situations. It doesn't mean you'll get that lead, or supporting role, but it's fair enough to let them know where you stand. And if they don't ask, no harm done. You can simply decline and let them know that something else came up. It's part of they game. They pick who they want, and then the actors get to decide if they want to do it.

Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:26 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

:)

Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]