The Resource For Musicals

Oklahoma! Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Well, I am doing Oklahoma! 
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Post Well, I am doing Oklahoma!
Two weeks till Opening Night, I am jumping aboard Texas Tech's Summer Musical of Oklahoma!-- I am playing slim. And we rented out a huge ampitheatre, its going to be a big deal, we have professional touring producers, coming and seeing the show.

West Side Story-A-rab
Forum- Hero
A Christmas Carol-Bob Crachit
Narnia-Mr. Beaver
La Cage Aux Folles-Hercule
Fiddler on the Roof-Sasha/Dancer

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:25 am
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:40 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

It isnt Tech that is hosting it. It's a new Theatre company that started in Lubbock called, Lubbock Moonlight Musicals. The whole aim of this theatre company is to preform large scale Family Friendly Productions, outdoors at the new Ampitheatre they just built in town. Because the Theatre is brand new, there are things that havent been built yet, The City is holding out to see how sucessful Oklahoma! is. Like we dont have a backstage. We had a pretty big budget for a local amateur production, $150,000.00. At least I think thats a pretty big budget, considering the Theatres around here--how much they have to work with. So, our sets, and everything We have is pretty large scale. We built a real house, that is fully functional, as Aunt Eller's House and Skidmores House. We have a full scale barn, a windmill, And a fully functional Smokehouse for Judd. We also have real life horses, so when Curley comes down and sings Oh What a Beautiful Morning, He comes down on a real life Palamino. We also have a real surrey, that was used by Tommy Lee Jones in the "Good Old Boys". We have a double cast, because we are running for 3 weekends. And so with a huge cast, about 40-- we needed to double the parts, because of endless scheduling conflicts. I am playing the double of Slim. Because I joined the production 3 weeks ago. We have a full professional dancing troupe...They may not be "professional" but they are all trained dancers. We have a full orchestra. And oh, yeah--It's nice that it's outside!--Because we have the best back drops in the world. And it starts at 8. And at 8, the sun sets. And if you have ever been to West Texas, Our sunsets are the most beautiful in the world! (no joke) So, this has been an amazing production!!!!!!!!

Anyway!!! That's it!

West Side Story-A-rab
Forum- Hero
A Christmas Carol-Bob Crachit
Narnia-Mr. Beaver
La Cage Aux Folles-Hercule
Fiddler on the Roof-Sasha/Dancer

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]