The Resource For Musicals

Oklahoma! Forum

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Fun or Boring? 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer
^^Hey, like I said, everyone's entitled to his or her own opinion. I'm not going to say that either of you are wrong, so don't say that I'm wrong, either. We just disagree. But at any rate, the point of this thread is to assess whether or not the show is boring, right? So at least we all seem to be in agreement that it isn't. :D

Oh, and jazzygirlsings, I wouldn't mind seeing the Australian cast, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be getting any opportunity to do so. I guess I'll just have to take your word for it. :-k Lol.

its not the australian cast its the london cast. and you can buy the dvd of the production.

and if you think laurey cant do anything without a man you dont know the show at all. everything she does in that play is on her own.
I mena look at me..I woulsd never play a weak role. and laurey has been one of my favorites to date in a musical.

Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:03 am
Profile WWW

norayouadora wrote:
^^Hey, like I said, everyone's entitled to his or her own opinion. I'm not going to say that either of you are wrong, so don't say that I'm wrong, either. We just disagree. But at any rate, the point of this thread is to assess whether or not the show is boring, right? So at least we all seem to be in agreement that it isn't. :D

Oh, and jazzygirlsings, I wouldn't mind seeing the Australian cast, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be getting any opportunity to do so. I guess I'll just have to take your word for it. :-k Lol.

its not the australian cast its the london cast. and you can buy the dvd of the production.

and if you think laurey cant do anything without a man you dont know the show at all. everything she does in that play is on her own.
I mena look at me..I woulsd never play a weak role. and laurey has been one of my favorites to date in a musical.

Thanks for clarifying! And yes...there is a DVD of the performance...you can get it on Amazon...

PLEASE take a look at it! I think it will change your perception of the show!

Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:41 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: In the Heights,Aaron Tveit, I Love You Because
Post fun or boring?
It really depends on the circumstances. it's not a "boring" show in my opinion, but if the cast and director aren't fun to work with or likeable that could be an issue. I have never been in the show, but I have seen many productions of it. Ado Annie is a super fun role, and her scenes with Will and Ali Hakim are hysterical. Laurey and Curly aren't really dull characters, they are the romantic leads and can be really fun if the actor and actress really make the characters their own. The dancing looks awesome, and Aunt Eller is also a great character. The production with Hugh Jackman is also very good. ..I agree with everyone who suggested that :lol: Good Luck!

Previous: Into The Woods -Cinderella, West Side Story- Rosalia, My Fair Lady - u/s Eliza, Cats -Demeter, FAME!-Serena, Fiddler...- Hodel, A Chorus Line - Lois, Guys and Dolls - Adelaide, No, No Nanette

Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

if you think laurey cant do anything without a man you dont know the show at all.

*Points to signature.* I was in it. :D Of course, I wasn't Laurey (not that I ever would have wanted to be), but I don't that makes my opinion any less valid. Do you? I'm sorry that we disagree, but I don't feel like defending my opinion any longer. You're not going to change my mind, and obviously I'm not going to change yours... So what's the point? :roll:

:mrgreen:

Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:11 pm
Profile WWW

the point is you wre in a shitty production that misinterpretd the show.

Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2