The Resource For Musicals

Oklahoma! Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Audits for Oklahoma 
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Post Audits for Oklahoma
Okay, this summer a local group is doing Oklahoma. I have done shows with them for years and hate their organization. Unfortunately, I really want to build up my resume and experience, so I night suck it up and go back to them. Is it worth it? I haven't heard much from the show, save the opening number, so I don't know much. I am a mezzo-soprano, sometimes tenor belter. What roles might be good for me? They base roles on experience, not talent, and I have been casted in wither a fallstaff-type of role or chorus member two years in a row.

I love my Orin!

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:28 am
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Laurey who is a soprano and is the lead
Ado Annie is a mezzo, and a fabulous part, she sings I Can't Say No and a song with Will in the second act
Aunt Eller is the woman who holds the town together, she has a lot of stage time and lines, no big solo songs -- she sings big parts of several songs
Gertie doesn't sing solos, but is a fun partt, she tries to steal Curly from Laurey and has a hideous laugh

those are the main femail parts

Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]