The Resource For Musicals

The Music Man Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Jeff Goldblum as Harold Hill? 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post Jeff Goldblum as Harold Hill?
Has anyone seen a movie called Pittsburgh which is a psuedo documentary about Jeff Goldblum and his fiance doing The Music Man at Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera?

It's gotten lots of great reviews, and I thought it STUNK.

Anyone else seen it?

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:47 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

No, I haven't seen it but I really want to. Mainly just to see the footage of the rehearsal process and the actual production.

Past Roles:
Smee - Peter Pan
Moonface Martin - Anything Goes
Harold Hill - The Music Man
Mayor of Whoville - Seussical

Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:54 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I just finished watching Jeff Goldblum's pseudo documentary "Pittsburgh," which left me feeling both physically and mentally agitated by the hour long documentation of friends and lovers indiscriminate use of each-other to achieve their personal goals, and the Pittsburgh's "Music Man" producers and directors obvious decision to miscast the leading roles in order to take full advantage of bling-bling, hype and cash associated with their "Hollywood Actors."
The saddest part of the whole show was that Jeff Goldblum continually allowed himself to be used by others, ignoring the excellent advice his longtime, successful Agent who seemed to be the only one who was actually watching his back. His girlfriend got her lead role because she came as a package deal with her money maker boyfriend, Jeff G. Ed Beasley got Jeff G. as the needed "Poster boy with Name Recognition" to promote his half-baked solar project, which later turned into a potential 'deep pocket" law suit issue for Jeff alone. Don't be surprised if Jeff's Leading Lady get's rid of her green card issue in the near future by becoming Jeff's wife.
Essentially, everyone made out except Jeff, who bombed as the lead in the play, and lost out on his first potential big movie role in many years due to his commitment to a two week theater production. Wow! This show hurt's to watch. I'd hate to be the Leading Man in this show.

Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]