Being in Love or My White Knight?
Poll ended at Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:21 pm
Being in Love 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 2

Sheet Music for Being in Love 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Sheet Music for Being in Love
Does anyone know where to find sheet music for Being in Love? My youth theatre is doing Music Man, and they're doing the score that has My White Night, and so, I was gonna use Being in Love for my audition song, except I'm having trouble finding it. Does anyone know where to get it?

Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

The director would probably prefer you to just sing My White Knight. It was what my director made me sing...they seem to prefer that. It will most likely portray your character better. Try TTWS....it works out nicely.

~RENT IS THE BEST~

Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:44 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Try TTWS....it works out nicely.

I agree with MarianTheLibrarian315 (by the way I did not copy your name I had it on another TMM forum) I got Marian in my Performing Arts Acadamy's production and I've known the woman in charge of drama (who was doing the auditions) and she recommened I try out with Till There Was You.. the sheet music is easy to find..
http://www.broadwayjr.com/audition/music_audition.asp
scroll down to Marian's Score and click that button.
Break a Leg!

Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:04 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

If you're looking for sheet music, you should try a library or music store. Libraries may have it in their collections; music stores can order it.

Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:13 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Being in Love
Thanks for all your help. My audition was this past weekend, and I ended up singing "I Loved You Once in Silence," from Camelot, and I GOT THE PART!!! Thanks again for all your help.

Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Congratulations! That's a good song to sing. You'll have a great time in the show.

My White Knight is HARD. I'd rather sing "Being In Love" if I had to sing something from the show (or movie, rather).

We are having trouble in our production of TMM because our Harold Hill is black (and gay...not that there's anything wrong with either of those, but it's just not the typical Harold Hill look, ya know?) ...people have actually started laughing when Lisa (our Marian) sings "My WHITE Knight". It's almost like we're mocking him...it's terrible. But we can't think of a word to substitute instead of "white". Any ideas?? We can't cut the song, but as of now, it's not going so well...

Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:53 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Musicals!
Post THE MUSIC MAN Casting Dilemma
Cat wrote:
We are having trouble in our production of The Music Man because our Harold Hill is black... [and] people have actually started laughing when Lisa (our Marian) sings "My WHITE Knight". It's almost like we're mocking him. It's terrible. But we can't think of a word to substitute instead of "white". Any ideas? We can't cut the song, but as of now, it's not going so well.

Sounds to me like someone should have thought about this when casting the role. I'm all for non-traditional casting, but given the historical context of the show and the presence of a song like "My White Knight" in the score, I'm surprised that nobody on the production team realised that casting a black man as Harold Hill would cause an inappropriate reaction at some point. It just seems like such an obvious thing to consider.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:47 am
Profile WWW
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Post Re: Sheet Music for Being in Love
If this is an ameture / Comunity production then it would be totaly illegal to use "Being in Love" and you could find youselves in serious trouble with Warner Brothers.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]