Miss Saigon Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Miss Saigon Demo Album 1988 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Cats, Les Miz, Phantom and Miss Saigon
Main Role: Fan
Post Miss Saigon Demo Album 1988
I just recently acquired the Miss Saigon demo album which was probably dated between 1987 or 1988. Altough it was not top quality as this was a scoreboard recording but was worth my time.

I was going through the whole album and found it so much fun listening to the original score and lyrics on some major songs of the show. Plus the vocal output of the singers namely Frances Ruffelle, Linzi Hately, David Essex and even Claude-Michel Schonberg singing part of "I'd give My Life For You". The pre-Lea Salonga recording (the show that changed Lea Salonga's life and the many other Filipinos interest on muscial theatre).

It is such a rare opportunity to hear the raw product of what has become one of the most loved musicals of all time. A big thank you to Claude-Michel Schonberg, Alain Boublil, Cameron Mackintosh and the whole creative cast for bringing this show for the public's total enjoyment.

(Just on a wishful thinking ... would love to hear the public preview of the Broadway version of Miss Saigon in March 1991).... hehehehe ;)

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:31 pm
Profile YIM
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: Miss Saigon Demo Album 1988
Do you have a copy you would be willing to share? I am not only a huge fan of Miss saigon but also Linzi Hateley, i have been searching for a copy of it and am having no luck. :(

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]