The Resource For Musicals

Little Shop of Horrors Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Don't Feed the Plants 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Don't Feed the Plants
Does anyone else feel that the lyric "We'll have tomorrow..." (a reference to a song with that same title that was cut from the score) should have been cut from "Don't Feed the Plants"? Since the song was cut, leaving that line in the Finale just reeks of laziness.

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:47 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Post Re: Don't Feed the Plants
What reeks of laziness was cutting the song in the first place.

If cutting it is truly mandatory, cut Audrey's half of the line and give it to Seymour exclusively and make it "I didn't mean it". Bam. But still massively less preferable than keeping "We'll Have Tomorrow".

EDIT: Incidentally, did you know that the verses of the song are, at the very least, a mashup reprise of Feed Me and Somewhere That's Green, so heavily distorted that audiences rarely if ever catch on?

"They may offer you fortune and fame, love and money and instant acclaim" = "Would you like a Cadillac car? Or a guest shot on Jack Paar?"

"But whatever they offer you" = I'm not completely sure. It could be "How about a date with Hedy Lamarr?", or "In a tract house that we share", some mix of the two, or something completely distinct and original to Don't Feed The Plants.

"Don't feed the plants!" - "Somewhere that's green..."

Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:17 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I'm gad "We'll Have Tomorrow" was cut. That moment didn't need a song and the melody is not very good.

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:55 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Apples2for10 wrote:
I'm gad "We'll Have Tomorrow" was cut. That moment didn't need a song and the melody is not very good.

False and false.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]