Little Shop of Horrors Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Audrey Audition Tips? 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Phantom, Mary Poppins, Little Shop, Rocky Horror
Main Role: Performer
Post Audrey Audition Tips?
Hi everybody...my name is Annie, and I'm a 14-year-old from New Jersey who hopes to be on Broadway. Considering that I'm auditioning for a local production of Little Shop in May, I wanted to ask a few questions to anyone who wants to answer them, as well as anyone who has played Audrey in a production of LSOH.

1. Is "Adelaide's Lament" a good audition song?
2. When I read my monologue, should I use the voice I plan to use if I get the part, or my normal speaking voice?
3. What are some good comedic monolgues that are similar to something Audrey might say? I have to have a monologue prepared, but I have no idea what to use. I was thinking about taking a few lines Marilyn Monroe said in Some Like it Hot...
4. How should I dress? I showed up at an audition for Grease dressed as if I was from the 50s. None of the other girls did, so I felt kind of stupid, but also pretty cool at the same time.

Feel free to give me as many pointers as possible. Audrey is one of my dream roles! I'm determined to get this part! :)

Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:25 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Current Obsession: Bonnie & Clyde
Post Re: Audrey Audition Tips?
hello!
1. I have no idea what "Adelaide's Lament" sounds like but I've heard of it. It's a pretty common audition song, so you could try and look for something a little more unusual. However, it's all about your voice. If you can sing it really, really well, go for it.
2. No clue, I would go with your normal speaking voice though, and sometimes directors will ask you to read it differently. But don't take my word for it.
3. Monolouges? They suck. I'm actually looking for a good comedic monolouge myself, for an audititon of Anything Goes. If you find anything, let me know!
4. Dress in something comfortable, simple, professional. It's usually not a good idea to come in costume; the directors might have something very different in mind.
You should read Audition, by Michael Shurtleff. It is my bible.
Hope this helped!

Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:34 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Phantom, Mary Poppins, Little Shop, Rocky Horror
Post Re: Audrey Audition Tips?
Well, I finally auditioned. For my song, I did "Just You Wait" from My Fair Lady, and the monologue was a slightly modified section of dialogue from Some Like it Hot. I made it to the callbacks, which are tomorrow! I'm really hoping I get this part!

Tue May 22, 2012 2:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]