The Lion King Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
The Stampede 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: writing songs
Main Role: Performer
Post The Stampede
The angles used in the animated film really help me get into the suspense and fear in that scene, but I feel like the stage version of it falls pretty flat. You don't see Simba watching his father fall, he's never really among the wildebeest in the stampede as they're all behind him, and all in all....just doesn't quite do it for me. Does anyone else here feel the same way?

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 am
Profile YIM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: The Stampede
Gwen wrote:
he's never really among the wildebeest in the stampede as they're all behind him

A lot of them are behind him, but there's also two on each side of Simba in the same row as him.

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:09 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: writing songs
Main Role: Performer
In the film they surround him on all sides. That's what I meant. And having someone go in and put the harness on him and suddenly having him lifted into the tree...........didn't work for me.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:33 pm
Profile YIM
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

It's really hard to restage such a scene isnt it? Cuz what made the scene so vastly successful in the movie was the cinematography, which, well, doesnt exist for stage works. I think if they can involve the audience in the stampede. Like, make it as if the stampede is over the audience's head or something, that would do the trick somewhat. Thought? :?:

Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]