The Lion King Forum

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
My First Experience with "The Lion King" 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post My First Experience with "The Lion King"
Hi everyone!

I am new here. :)

I want to start off by sharing with you my memorable experience at a recent performance of "The Lion King."

On September 14, 2008, I attended a Broadway performance of "The Lion King" at the famous Minksoff Theatre in New York City, and my life was forever changed. When the film was released a few years back, it has remained one of my most favorite films, and when I experienced with this musical with my own eyes, ears and heart - I was captured. It was truly an amazing experience!

=D> =D> =D>

View my nostalgic video: "I Love The Lion King" :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPoifkKFBd8&fmt=18

Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:17 am
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

My first experience with the Lion King was seeing the movie at the cinema with a group of friends. I remember watching that great big yellow sun rise up on the screen accompanied by that fabulous voice, and feeling so overwhelmed by the wonder and joy of "The Circle of Life" that when the big red logo "The Lion King" flashed up on the screen on the final drumbeat of the opening number, I had a grin from ear to ear and tears rolling down my cheeks.

My first experience of the stage show was of sitting six rows back, dead centre, having been flown to Sydney and given a ticket for free as a thank you from Ticketek for being a group booker. I literally didn't know where to look - whether to watch the actors and the incredibly clever way they interacted with their puppets, to watch the amazing percussionists or to look around me and see the facial expressions of my fellow audience members who were as blown away as I was.

God Bless all the people who wrote this piece. It's so fresh and fun and life-affirming.

Last edited by navada on Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:20 am
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Current Obsession: Wicked, Addams Family, Cats, Phantom, Les Mis
Main Role: Performer
Ever since I was a kid(I'm a teen now) I loved the movie. My experience with the stage show happened in either 2003 or 2004(can't remember which year) Me, my friend, my mom, and my dad saw the show on tour when it came to Pittsburgh. I loved the whole thing. So breathtaking. I would like to see it in New York. Hopefully I can see next year when I'm in 8th grade because the 8th grade goes on a trip to New York. Fingers Crossed!!!

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:32 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I actually saw a few selections from the show at Broadway in Bryant Park two years ago. The performers were INCREDIBLE! I don't understand why I never bought tickets to the actual show!

Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:25 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Musicals!
Post First Experiences of THE LION KING
navada wrote:
My first experience with The Lion King was seeing the movie at the cinema with a group of friends. I remember watching that great big yellow sun rise up on the screen accompanied by that fabulous voice, and feeling so overwhelmed by the wonder and joy of "The Circle of Life" that when the big red logo "The Lion King" flashed up on the screen on the final drumbeat of the opening number, I had a grin from ear to ear and tears rolling down my cheeks.

I guess my first experience of The Lion King was the trailer for the original release of the film, which was basically the "Circle of Life" sequence. It's an amazing sequence, one of the best in the film, and certainly there's nothing that tops it in the stage show. It's a powerful song, powerfully depicted on film as well as on stage.

Last edited by RainbowJude on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:50 am
Profile WWW

Current Obsession: Too many to list.
Main Role: Fan
I'm still sad that I still have not yet seen it on stage........And I very rarely watch the movie because I don't want to wear out the DVD.

MDN's Superlative Voting Winner:Most Likely To Make You Laugh

Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:34 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: My First Experience with "The Lion King"
I would love to see it on Broadway. I have seen it 4 times in London and would gladly go again! I can't remember my first time watching the film but I first saw The Lion King on the West End in 2007 - it just blew me away! I'm gonna buy more Lion King tickets for Christmas :D

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:06 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Elisabeth, Cats, Follies, Scarlet Pimpernel
I can't stand the movie, but I must say that the stage production was one of the most breathtaking shows I have ever seen. The visuals certainly made up for the annoying characters and plot.

Definitely one of the best shows I've seen, in terms of stagecraft.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:04 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Main Role: Musician
Yes, it's a Disney film. But if you're a grown-up, don't let that stop you from sinking your teeth into 'The Lion King.' There's more depth, humor and dignity to this show than you'll see at almost any other movie so far this year.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:48 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

This movie will always be one of my favorite musicals. The play I attended in Broadway way awesome.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:23 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I enjoied this fantastic movie in family.
I don't remember the date, but music impressed me and I have a fantastic remind of that moment.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:35 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I saw this movie when i was about 7 years old and i absolutely loved it i thought it was quite sad aswell when simbas father died :( and all the other "golden moments" in the film abit after i got the Lion king game which i enjoyed alot :)

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]