The Resource For Musicals

Les Miserables Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
instrumental intro to "At the End of the Day" 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post instrumental intro to "At the End of the Day"
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a bit of help finding a recording of a piece of music.
I am getting married later this year and we were thinking of leaving the church after the wedding to the instrumental that plays at the beginning of "At the end of the day". Unfortunately, this only seems to be about 25 seconds long.

We went to see the show in London's west end in February and that was the night we got engaged. I was sure that the same piece of music was used at other points in the show and that one of these was a longer version. I could be wrong as I was pretty emotional that night! I have not been able to find this on various recordings that I have had the chance to listen to but I know that recordings rarely include the whole show non-stop.

I am therefore requesting your help on the matter! Is the same instrumental used at other times in the show or was I imagining it? if it is used is there a recording out there with a longer version or is there even a recording out there with an extra long version of the intro?

Any Help would be appreciated!

Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:21 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Main Role: Fan
Post Re: instrumental intro to "At the End of the Day"
I think I know what you mean... That instrumental bit does come up elsewhere in the show, in "Who Am I?", "One Day More", and "Valjean's Confession". Those bits don't continue as instrumentals for much longer than the bit before "At the End of the Day", though, as Valjean starts singing shortly after that in all of them. There are some instrumental-only versions of varying quality, but the best to use might be the one featured during the end credits of the movie version.

I hope you're able to find the recording you need. And congratulations!
:mrgreen:

Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:34 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: instrumental intro to "At the End of the Day"
Thank you! That is really useful. It looks like what we need is an instrumental version of one more day (which we hope we can find). You have been a great help. :thumbup:

Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]