The Resource For Musicals

Les Miserables Forum

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Classic Brit Awards 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Main Role: Performer
Post Classic Brit Awards
I was watching the 2011 Les Misérables performance at the classic Brit awards, and I was wondering who played Marius and Cosette? Are they west end performers? I would like to know more about these people, so if anyone knows, please reply! Much gratitude!

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:40 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Post Re: Classic Brit Awards
Oh I LOVE the classical Brits performance; you're talking about the one where they performed a medley, yep? To the best of my knowledge, the Marius and Cosette are Craig Mather and Lisa-Anne Wood respectively; at the time, both were playing those roles in the West End production, however both have now left the show :(

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:57 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Merci beaucoup!! :D I agree- I very much enjoyed their performances and the rest of the cast. A lot of people commented that they did not like Marius' performance, but I thought he did a great job. Was Alfie in a west end performance? Or were they just together to perform those numbers? I know Samantha Barks started out there.

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:53 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Was amazing!

Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:27 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Pas de probleme! In response to your question, I know that Alfie did a short stint in London before his big O2 gig, but I have no idea how long for! I was one of the people who wasn't nuts about Craig Mather to begin with because he started out a little shakily, but fair play to him he got stronger and from what I've heard of his bootlegs he's a really strong Marius. Plus, I have a friend who knows him and apparently he's a really nice guy (who also gives singing lessons, if you happen to live in London)! ;)

Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:40 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

C'est très cool! Wow, I didn't know Alfie was cast in a London performance of Les Mis. He's absolutely amazing- so much talent and grace!! He deserves any role he can get! And yes, I can understand not being "nuts" about that specific performance of Craig's, but I too have listened to some of his other songs and I really like the emotion he puts into it. I've done some research myself, and I realized that that Ramin Karimloo was Jean Valjean during Lisa-Anne and Craig's run!! Very exciting news for me, as I very much enjoy Ramin's acting and singing! By the way, it would be pretty cool to have Marius teaching you to sing! :lol:

Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:38 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Ah oui, I am known to be a BIT of an Alfie fan...I bought all of his CD's as soon as they came out! And yes, Ramin as well is RIDICULOUSLY talented; I had the pleasure of seeing him in concert and meeting him afterwards. I sat right behind his family the whole time, it was fantastic! :)

Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]