The Resource For Musicals

Les Miserables Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Gavroche from the Complete Symphonic Recording 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post Gavroche from the Complete Symphonic Recording
Is it me or is this like the best Gavroche I've ever heard? This kid (Ross McCall apparently) is just great, he's one of the only Gavroche's I've heard that nails the yelled lines at the end of the phrases, and actually sounds pretty fierce without forcing it - in addition to hitting every note without a strain. Most Gavroche's always sound like they're forcing everything IMO but not him. I know some people liked the kid from the 25th anniversary but while he WAS a good actor and very charismatic he just seemed way too old for the part IMO and I felt like he was yelling every single line at me the whole time.

Daniel Huttlestone did a great job in the movie but his singing was weirdly weak (I wasnt sure whether or not that was a direction choice to make him sound more like he's talking?) but the kid from the CSR is like Huttlestone but better. I dunno IMO he is the only one I've ever heard totally nail it. I tried to see if there were any clips of him on youtube in the role but there isn't a one (which makes sense since it was so long ago.) Still I'm curious if he was that good on stage as he was recorded.

Here's his Look Down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly6pQhYsCv4

Also this is off topic but this CD reminds me how much I wish they got Warlow as Enjolras for the 10th Anniversary Concert. Even though I like Maguire he seemed really off at the concert and Warlow gives me chills when he sings (Especially "At the barricades of freedom" in his one day more Im just like O___O)

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:08 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: Gavroche from the Complete Symphonic Recording
Yes, he's fantastic!

Apparently he's done pretty well for himself as an actor since then and was briefly engaged to Jennifer Love Hewitt! Here's the link to his IMDB page:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0564680/

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:10 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post Re: Gavroche from the Complete Symphonic Recording
Found all of his parts on youtube in one vid.

Sure his death isn't amazing but he's still the Gavroche I think of the most. His Look Down is so perfect. I don't really like anybody else I ever heard do it like I liked him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX3D8-naUag

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]