The Resource For Musicals

Les Miserables Forum

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Les Mis on youtube 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Main Role: Fan
Post Re: Les Mis on youtube
OMG...

Well that french revival cast was wonderful !

I remember seeing this performance at the Molières live on TV. I even recorded it on my VCR to watch it again and again...
But today, I recognized someone I know in the cast ! :o
Someone I sing with regularly for one year. That's sooooo funny ! :D

And yes... Louise Pitre was so great !

Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:10 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: MUSIC in MUSICals
TheBarricade wrote:
Audio clips of the 2009 Norwegian production at the Nye Teater in Oslo:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rcb24601?feature=CAQQwRs%3D

Short interviews with some of the cast members (including footage of the production):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfoBZ87W7G4

I already like their production more than the 25th ann. tour. I'm really digging Cosette's get-up. It communicates that message of simplicity, it's low-key, and somehow restrained on such a pretty girl. Not at all like the Disney Princess plastic budget dress of the budget tour. That Oslo Cosette costume probably cost less, too.

And they use the original orchs. Oslo for the win!

Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:58 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

ABC Cafe Medley 1988
Enjolras - Christopher Howard aka Mullet!jolras aka TAC Loudhailer
Marius - Mario Frangoulis

Effective use of the ODM 'march'. And more powerful than any IDAD rendition.

Rehearsal footage from the Oslo premiere production 1988

Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:30 pm

^ That Oslo video is a gem. Thanks! I can't believe I saw the show for the first time the following year. Such 80s-tastic hair and fashions!!!! XD

I LOVE how the set looks when all the magic of live theatre is not applied...looks so fake, even cartoony! I always noticed the Oslo production looked especially gritty in its scenic elements and this video shows exactly how: there is this added erosion going on in the brick walls that wasn't there on Broadway, London, or any of the tours. At least not to that extent. It is unique to the Oslo production and there is also a great deal of white paint streaked onto the wooden elements, which every production always had but there seems to be much more of it in this Oslo set. The white paint really makes that grit pop under the painting-like lighting design of David Hersey, like streaks from a brush onto a grey, colorless canvas. It's amazing how something so oddly cluttered looking under normal light could be brought to life on stage. That's just one of the reasons John Napier's original designs still intrigue me to this day--they're magical, have loads of grit, and are like canvas where David's lighting is the paint. The result is one I find endlessly provocative and completely mesmerizing.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:32 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Right Quique, when you see the original stage design in normal light it looks very dull. Gray and plain. We often talk about Napier but as much praise should go to David Hersey who masterly created all the effects and magic of impression and scenery for an almost empty stage. I've been to a special tech show in Duisburg where the house and backstage team showed their abilities and it was marvelous what they could do sound and lighting-wise.

Barbara Köhler(my first Eponine!) singing On my Own. This was a special "musical chartshow" held at the Starlighthalle in Bochum and broadcast on TV.

The Duisburg Cast of early 1997 performing on TV. Cast: Jerzy Jeszke (Valjean), Steffen Friedrich (Javert), Cornelia Drese (Fantine), Tom Zahner (Thenardier), Anne Welte (MmT), Sanni Luis (Eponine), Christopher Morandi (Marius), Martin Berger (Enjolras)

Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Location: If you care to find me, look to the western sky...or just look in Toronto
I don't even...what...is... :lol:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:34 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Christ-MIZ coming soon...

Looks like Dickens but is not. :thumbup:

Hilarious!

Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:41 pm

Mistress wrote:
I don't even...what...is... :lol:

That's the best thing I ever heard.

And it respects the show's musical integrity more than the reedy ann. thing. :mrgreen:

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:15 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Found this video of Colm Wilkinson singing Bring Him Home that I've never seen before. I actually think this might actually be my favourite performance of his. Does anyone know when and where it's from? The uploader of the video guessed 1987, but they admitted to not being sure

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:15 am
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Happy Australia Day! Always wondered if there was a slight connection between the Aussies big love for an ex-con's story of redemption and Australia's history. :)

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:38 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Kaho Shimada - On My Own

From the 1987 Royal Variety performance, the foundation of the CSR. Wow! I'd love to see the whole footage of the Les Mis segment from then...

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:24 pm

^ Ah. Nice to see the clip I uploaded back in 2004 again. =)

I am the one who transferred, encoded, and first uploaded that exact clip to YouTube and had it on my account for ages...until they shut down my account for copyright issues. Almost immediately, that and many of my other clips began popping up in other people's accounts. I am not the possessive, jealous type and I very much like to share, but I admit it did sting a little to have a bunch of clips you took the time to share, being credited to some internet stranger who merely downloaded then reposted it once they saw my account was gone. Someone did that with a rare Patti Lupone IDAD vid as well that I had up, but I didn't mind because they didn't make it seem as if THEY personally took that out of their collection and shared it. I can't stand people who pretend they are the ones who had originally uploaded for no other reason other than how much of an a-hole one has to be to even do such a thing. I've posted other people's vids on my account before but I never claim they're mine nor take credit for them.

At any rate, nice to see 80s big hair Kaho on YouTube again. :clap:

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next