The Resource For Musicals

Les Miserables Forum

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Ye good old days 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Post Ye good old days
Hi everyone,

Long time no see. This is kind of off-topic but I was wondering who of the regular 'old' friends from this board are still here... Even though it's been a year since the last post. I guess I'm feeling a little melancholy... I remember the good old days back in 2003-2005 :-) Quique, Moci, TheVeryAngryWoman, Orestes, Eponine1832, Aimee... Gosh...

Les Misérables just never gets old, just a little bit more to the background, I guess?

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:52 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: Ye good old days
Hello!

After not visiting M.net in years, I happened to wonder what had become of it today and so I came and found your post! How nice to hear from you after all this time. I now look back very affectionately on the 'good old days', (over ten years ago now!) of coming home after school and logging on talk to everyone, including all the people you mentioned above, but also the likes of Alanna/Sairin, Javertsw, LesMisForever, NotoriousFunnt, Beagle, EponineGiry, ArgotThatLaughs and RainyCrystal...

I hope you're doing well anyway after all this time and that life is treating you happily. What are you up to?

What you said is very right,
Fantine wrote:
Les Misérables just never gets old, just a little bit more to the background, I guess?

Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:44 am

Moci wrote:
Hello!

After not visiting M.net in years, I happened to wonder what had become of it today and so I came and found your post! How nice to hear from you after all this time. I now look back very affectionately on the 'good old days', (over ten years ago now!) of coming home after school and logging on talk to everyone, including all the people you mentioned above, but also the likes of Alanna/Sairin, Javertsw, LesMisForever, NotoriousFunnt, Beagle, EponineGiry, ArgotThatLaughs and RainyCrystal...

I hope you're doing well anyway after all this time and that life is treating you happily. What are you up to?

What you said is very right,
Fantine wrote:

My goodness, how wonderful to hear from you! Thank you for remembering :) I remember all those members too... Wow... Indeed such a long time ago. I'm so happy to see you here, Moci!

Fourteen years have passed... 'Then I was young and unafraid when dreams were made and used and wasted' #-o

Life is good, a little bit more serious than it was back then I guess. I was still in high school back in '03/'05 #-o Now I'm enjoying the working life, haha. Turning 30 soon :wtf: How have you been Moci?

Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:55 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Fantine wrote:

My goodness, how wonderful to hear from you! Thank you for remembering :) [/quote/

As if I'd have forgotten :)

Fantine wrote:
How have you been Moci?

I'm good thank you. Like you I'm enjoying the working life - I teach in a primary school - and am ever approaching the big 30. It's nice to know that this site is still here, even if it doesn't seem to have much life in it unfortunately. I have very fond memories of being on here as a teenager. I also remember LesMisForums which was a lot of fun for a brief, shining moment. I still manage to see Les Mis reasonably often - I saw the London production in August, but I'm either not as passionate as I once was, or I don't have the time now, because I don't seem to do Les Mis related things online now. Do you still perform? I remember that you had a lovely singing voice.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:08 pm

Moci wrote:
Fantine wrote:

My goodness, how wonderful to hear from you! Thank you for remembering :) [/quote/

As if I'd have forgotten :)

Fantine wrote:
How have you been Moci?

I'm good thank you. Like you I'm enjoying the working life - I teach in a primary school - and am ever approaching the big 30. It's nice to know that this site is still here, even if it doesn't seem to have much life in it unfortunately. I have very fond memories of being on here as a teenager. I also remember LesMisForums which was a lot of fun for a brief, shining moment. I still manage to see Les Mis reasonably often - I saw the London production in August, but I'm either not as passionate as I once was, or I don't have the time now, because I don't seem to do Les Mis related things online now. Do you still perform? I remember that you had a lovely singing voice.

Ahhh that is so good to hear! So glad you are well :-) And it's true, this forum just holds lovely memories. I also remember LesMisForums! Gosh, is that still around? I also remember roleplaying with Eponine1832 on Geocities/Yahoo (and those are dead now, aren't they?) You really remind me of how close and fanbased we all actually were.

That is so sweet of you to remember. I used to be in a rock-coverband for a couple of years, but not anymore :-) But sometime in the future I might try performing musicals again. Who knows :-)

Kinda wish that more people would come back to this forum now, haha! So curious to know what everyone has been up to.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:37 am
Profile WWW

Fantine wrote:
I also remember LesMisForums! Gosh, is that still around?

OMG I found it:

http://lesmisforums.conforums3.com/index.cgi

I think I even made the banner :lol:
Can't remember my login....

Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:40 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Fantine wrote:
Fantine wrote:
I also remember LesMisForums! Gosh, is that still around?

OMG I found it:

http://lesmisforums.conforums3.com/index.cgi

I think I even made the banner :lol:
Can't remember my login....

Ha, I remembered mine - I've just spent a good half hour reminiscing/cringing at myself at fifteen.

Fantine wrote:
Kinda wish that more people would come back to this forum now, haha! So curious to know what everyone has been up to.

Outside of the forums, the only way I ever used to keep in contact with a few people was via MSN messenger - and that's gone too. Gosh, the pre-Facebook times! :lol:

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]