The Resource For Musicals

Les Miserables Forum

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Les Mis: The Muppet Movie 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Main Role: Performer
Post Les Mis: The Muppet Movie
Okay, this began as an "off-topic" convo in the "Les Mis Movie" thread, but since it has been requested to be put into a seperate thread...

Basically, if Les Mis were to be done by the Muppets who would play what, what kind of jokes would there be, any ideas for scenes etc.

Come on, people! Ideas! :)

Current roles: Emcee (Cabaret)
Upcoming: Auditioning for Les Miz

Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:37 am
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Post Re: Les Mis: The Muppet Movie
Waldorf and Statler both dressed as Victor Hugo complaining how his beloved most serious novel has been reduced to The Glums. :D

Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:42 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

... Okay, I officialy love that idea :lol: and Fozzie would then be Cammack ;)

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:00 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Location: If you care to find me, look to the western sky...or just look in Toronto
Someone said Sam Eagle for Javert, which I really like.

I think that Miss Piggy sould really be Fantine, just so she could do her big number IDAD, only go on huge diva tirade once she realized that Fintine dies 20 minutes into the show and is never heard from again. Then the muppets could compromise by giving her Eponine too, for the other big number, only to run into a problem when both have to appear before a dying Valjean at th end. Sorry, thought waaaaaay too much about this XD

And beaker should be given really silly casting, like Enjolras...although Gonzo adn rizzo as Enju aadn Grantaire is also an epic idea. Or Gonzo could aslo be Moparnesse *imagining weird scenes with Camilla the chicken*

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:57 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I think Kermit would be Marius. This would make A Little Fall of Rain hilarious if Miss Piggy were Eponine. I think Animal would be a hilarious Thenarider. Who do you think would be a good Valjean?

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:51 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

In the original discussion, someone said Sweetums... I don't know. Kermit's the obvious choice since he always plays the heroes, but Kermit as Valjean?

Actually, that would be quite funny since it's totally inappropriate casting :lol: I now can't get the sound of Kermit singing "2-4-6-0-1!" in his weird pipey voice out of my head :D

As far as realistic casting goes (as much as we can do with this subject ;) ) Sweetums is probably the best bet.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:03 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

But Sam Eagle would definately be Javert. And Robin would be Gavroche AND Young Cosette (wearing a wig) :) And this morning I had a random image of Beaker of the foreman... :shifty:

(I'm still in love with the S&W as Hugo idea :lol: )

But, yeah. Kermit would be Marius. Now hurting my head trying to work out who would be best for Madame Thenardier... :-k Unless it was like Miss Piggy runs around trying to play all the girls parts (which, to be honest, she would do anyway ;) ) Also, we're now including Sesame Street cos i reckon Big Bird would be a pretty epic Valjean :D

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:53 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I always joke about this with my friends.

Here's my Les Miz cast:

Kermit ... Jean Valjean

Same Eagle ... Javert

Fozzy ... Thenardier

Sweetums ... Madame Thenardier

Miss Piggy ... Fantine

Gonzo ... Marius

Camilla the Chicken ... Cossette

Janice (from the Band) ... Eponine

Beaker ... Enjorlas

Animal ... Grantaire

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew ... Bishop

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:30 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Many
Main Role: Fan
LaVieBoheme does have a point. When you run out of characters from The Muppet Show to fill the available roles, you have to reach out to every Muppet, from Fraggle Rock, to Sesame Street, to The Ghost of Faffner Hall, to one-movie-only specialty characters from such favorites as The Muppet Christmas Carol. (If you don't know any of the characters, Google them.) Here is my attempt.

Less Miserable
ETA: Every attempt at BBCode has failed. Just pretend some enterprising Muppet drew a line through the word "Less."

Cast
Jean Valjean............Kermit the Frog
Javert.....................Gonzo the Great
Fantine...................Miss Piggy
Cosette..................Annie Sue Pig
Marius....................Scooter
Enjolras..................Sgt. Floyd Pepper (bass player, Electric Mayhem)
Thenardier..............Uncle Deadly
Mme. Thenardier......Red Fraggle
Eponine..................Janice
Grantaire................Fozzie Bear
Gavroche...............Robin the Frog
Young Cosette........Bettina (or is it Belinda?)
Ensemble................Everyone else

Running Gags
  • As always, Kermit is the director. Unless it's something really avant-garde, he doesn't trust anyone else but himself. In fact, in any Muppet cast that my friend and I do, Kermit is usually directing the whole insane business whether he's on stage or not (no, he doesn't get the male lead each time out just because he's Kermit). And in cases where he both directs and stars, like this, it nearly gives him a total meltdown.
  • Let us show some compassion for Boober Fraggle, who is in the ensemble and is highly susceptible to motion sickness, which proves for some rather interesting moments on stage.
  • Gonzo "takes the plunge" as Javert, and when he does, diving judges Statler and Waldorf have scorecards at the ready.
  • The main running gag: Miss Piggy is steamed about playing someone who gets offed midway through the first act.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:18 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Mistress wrote:
Someone said Sam Eagle for Javert, which I really like.

Twas me, but I think it's just so obvious...Javert just kinda has a nose a bushy eyebrows like that :-P

-Family Guy's very sarcastic One Tree Hill bit

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I love how into this people are getting. Usually threads like this one wind up with one reply and are then ignored :)

Brother Marvin Hinton, S., I love your running gags, especially the image of a brain-fried Kermit trying desperately to direct everyone and play Valjean :lol: Scooter as Marius is good. Poor Scooter, everyone always seems to forget him, don't they?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]