The Resource For Musicals

The King and I Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
We are staging The King & I in a month! 
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Post We are staging The King & I in a month!
I'm really excited about it - it'll be my first show for a year so the nerves are coming back. I'm playing the role of Lun Tha which is perfect as I haven't had much time to devote to rehearsals and yet I still get two lovely duets with Tuptim.

For those that are interested, I hope that you can come along and join us for a great night. Tickets are selling well and the details for the show are below:

Dates: March 10th-15th 2008
Venue: Princes Hall, Princes Way, Aldershot, Hampshire, GU11 1NX
Performing Group: Cody Farnborough Amateur Operatic Society
Tickets priced from £11.00 - £15.00
Curtain up is at 7.30pm (2.30pm for the Saturday matinee)

Some more about CFAOS:
The society is now in its 87th year having been formed originally in 1920 under the patronage of the Royal Aircraft Establishment and has continued to be sponsored by that establishment and its Defence Agency successors up to and including QinetiQ at present. The Society is a registered charity and over the years has made substantial donations to local charities.

The objective of the Society is to promote the dramatic and operatic arts through public performance of musicals, operettas and operas and over the years we have mounted over 100 productions of major musical works. We aim to produce shows of a very high standard, and we have been awarded many regional accolades of excellence by NODA (National Operatic and Dramatic Association) over the years, together with regional and national NODA deluxe programme awards and have twice won the Pat Devereux cup for the outstanding contribution to the arts within Rushmoor Borough in a given year.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:16 am
Profile WWW
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Tickets are going well - should be close to a full house most nights. Come one, come all!

Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:49 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]