The Resource For Musicals

Jesus Christ Superstar Forum

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
My own version of Gethsemane :) 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

8O damn, you've never had any lessons?! there you go adding insult to injury, lol. Just kidding man.

Seriously, I would look into it as soon as you can. I HIGHLY recommend it. If you're this good without lessons, vocal training would unlock potential that you never knew that you had. Get a good vocal teacher and reach for the stars man, because you have some awesome raw talent man! :D

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:34 pm
NICE JOB GO BACK AND LISTEN TO IAN GILLIAN YOU TANKED THE COOL PART EVEN THO YOU GOT THE FIRST NOTE RIGHT. GREAT VOICE THO

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:02 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

You might wanna take off caps and spell out though. And use commas where appropriate

My opinions are right. Duh.

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:04 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

8O
You might wanna take off caps and spell out though. And use commas where appropriate

hah, futureMungojerrie. My high school performed Cats and I played Mungojerrie. It was a great show.

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:23 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Previous Roles
Herr Schultz- Cabaret
Thenardier- Les Miserables
Caiaphas- Jesus Christ Superstar
Cogsworth- Beauty and the Beast
Judge Turpin- Sweeney Todd[/i]

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

futureMUNGOJERRIE wrote:
8O

hah, futureMungojerrie. My high school performed Cats and I played Mungojerrie. It was a great show.

Oh I love Mungo.
I was just listening to the song in French.
Yummmm.

My opinions are right. Duh.

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:48 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

NICE JOB GO BACK AND LISTEN TO IAN GILLIAN YOU TANKED THE COOL PART EVEN THO YOU GOT THE FIRST NOTE RIGHT. GREAT VOICE THO

I didn't understand a word of that, sorry.
x

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:23 pm
he tanked the high note (what you show people call a "rock scream" even though it s a sung note with vibrato power and control ) he missed the entire run( this is why ian gillian is god and well ted neeley an actor) and only very few of us can do it correctly i think he can NAIL it with a little more practice. you have a phenomenal voice. All the Best and as far as the "troll " comment is that some kind of DnD term? As an actual world class pro vocalist that does 275 dates a year internationally and having turned down the role of jesus several times. i was making a simple comment. so troll that

Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:23 am
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Cool, cheers for clearing that up bud, I just hadn't heard of some of those terms before.
x

Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:41 am
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I'm not really a fan of Gillan's interpretation. But then again we all have our own opinions.

By the way, a troll is generally a person who just sets out to annoy people. That's the blunt definition.

Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:30 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Gillan created the scream in Gethsemane. We all owe something to HIM for doing that. It was his idea, and ALW and TR thought it was better than what they had intended.

Fenholt took what Gillan did and did it his way. I love his run on the "oh oh oh oh..." He payed tribute to what Gillan did.

Neeley simply augmented the timing of the scream. Nothing more. I DO love how he hits a second high-G in "Alright I'll die!" Most tend to do the C note.

Several others have done Fenholt/Gillan/Neeley impressions, but I'm not sure if anyone can do a DANNY ZOLLI.

Wow. That guy can scream. I have a live version oif him performing Gethsemane and he blows my head off everytime I hear it. By the end of his version, I'm always crying. It's THAT damn good.

Then there's people who do different screams: John Farnham, Stephen Seale, Eric Kunze. All have different takes on the scream. They're original and refreshing.

Tj, take a listen to some of these guys. I would love top hear you do something like that... but make it a little more... you. There has to be an original take on the song.

Andy.

JCS 2003 (Apostle/Swing)
IOLANTHE 2004 (Peer)
EVITA 2007 (Swing)
CANAJUN EH? (2007)
CHRISTMAS LOVE TRAIN (2007)

Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next