The Resource For Musicals

Jekyll & Hyde Forum

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Girls of the Night 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Living. Laughing. Breathing. Singing.
Main Role: Performer
Post Girls of the Night
We've been granted rights to include this in our version (but it's not in the lib). Which version did this come from and does anyone know why it was cut?

Also... is it after Dangerous Game or before?!

I really should know this by now!!!

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer

Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:10 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Overcoming illness
I'm not sure what version it's on (Warlow recording or perhaps the remastered one with Kate Shindle as Lucy?) but I'm pretty sure it was cut for time. Many songs were.

It's in Act 2, for certain.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Mamie Parris
It is from the Complete Works Recording. It was probably cut because No One Knows Who I Am already covers the "I do not like my choice of occupation" angle. I would most definitely hope that it is before Dangerous Game, but don't quote me on that.

The Witch, Into the Woods

Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:39 pm
Profile YIM
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I would most definitely hope that it is before Dangerous Game, but don't quote me on that.

It is.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:54 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Living. Laughing. Breathing. Singing.

I'm not sure where our director is placing the song... because it's additional to the lib. I'd hope that the whole segment ended with Dangerous Game... it's working out to be my favourite song in the show. Just for the creepy, sexy vibe of it all! :)

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer

Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:31 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Oklahoma!
Main Role: Fan
I know this topic is long dead, however I have a few questions. The complete works lists the oder as Girls of the Night, No One Knows Who I Am and then Dangerous Game. Where did you end up placing the song within the show?

My husband and I will be directing this show next summer and when we were in it a few years ago Girls of the Night either wasn't being licensed or the director chose not to use it. So I am curious as to how it worked within the show as well, for pacing/flow of the story.

Also, I've seen fairly recent footage from another production that used No One Knows.... Was that one available as well? It looked like the girl playing Nellie was singing it, though I'm pretty sure the Broadway production had Lucy singing it just before Good 'N' Evil. However, while looking up other info I managed to find the list of songs currently being licensed and did not see No One Knows..., so I am curious as to how this other group was able to do it.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]