The Resource For Musicals

Into the Woods Forum

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
INTO THE WOODS FORUM CAST 2010! 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

By the way, just a reminder, you're welcome to post videos of yourself singing if you want!

Thu May 13, 2010 9:35 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Recent Photo/Headshot: Image

Fri May 14, 2010 11:33 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Legally Blonde

Name: Michelle
Role auditioning for : Baker's wife, Cinderella, and Rapunzel
Why I deserve it:
Baker's Wife: It's the role I would be type cast into given my appearance and range. That and it rocks.
Cinderella: DREAM ROLE. My range is an Eb3 to an E6. Same for Rapunzel.

Other: I don't really get voted for much on forum casts with the exception of Seussical. I think it's time to share the wealth. Thanks all =]

Fri May 14, 2010 1:30 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Overcoming illness
Main Role: Performer

Username: SomeoneLikeYou (Sly, Amanda)

Roles auditioning for:

Cinderella- This is one of my dream roles! I have always had a special personal connection to the story of Cinderella as well as the girl herself in all her incarnations. I think I could put a refreshing spin on the character, and "No One Is Alone" is also one of my best songs.

The Witch- This is the other role that I most want to play. I would kill to perform "Greens, Greens," and "Last Midnight" is one of my favorite belt songs to perform. I'm a character actress above all else, so this would be the perfect opportunity for me to show off my comedic chops.

Little Red- Again, character acting. I can relate to some of Little Red's childlike emotions and mannerisms, and I desperately want to be in the "Hello, Little Girl" scene, as it's one of my favorite moments in the show. Did I also mention that red is my favorite color?

Rapunzel- Now here's the role that I'd really love to get on this Forum Cast, since I probably won't get to play it in real life! Why? Well, although I would do a great job with the manic acting and share her mental innocence, I'm not a soprano!

Audition Song: You can find a link to a video of my singing on the Glee thread in the MdN Social Club.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:38 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Everyone PM me to vote! Because of lack of votes (and submissions), submissions are extended until NEXT WEDNESDAY, June 2nd and voting is extended until JUNE 9th!!

Tue May 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Location: In the woods far from civilisation (yet still with electricity? hmmm...)

Username: Music is my life!!! (Grace)

Roles auditioning for:
Little Red, Rapunzel, Baker's Wife, The Witch, or anything else really :)

Voice Part: Mezzo/Belter with decent soprano voice :)

Build: Medium - curvey :) 5ft4in

Little Red: I would actually love to play this role, as i feel i relate to her character so much (in some negative AND positve ways hehe). For example, i LOVE food, and although i know all the harm chocolate would do to my body, i feel the urge to eat more... and more.... :? :roll:
Plus, I feel this role is most appropriate for me age-wise, as i can pull-off the younger bratty teen role very effectively, plus i understand all the humour in the role. Plus, although my voice is kinda mature, i can make it sound much younger, vital for this role :)

Rapunzel: ahhh i used to really struggle with the singing of this role, but i feel my long mousey hair would be entirely appropriate! haha! anyway, i often get cast as the histerical character, where the audience doesn't know whether to laugh or cry....

Baker's Wife: Now i know i'm a little young, but i feel i could seriously do this role justice. the songs fit perfectly in my range and you'd get to make the most out of all the different colours inmy voice. Also, i don't think she's meant to be gorgeous, so a realistic Baker's wife would be how i would interpret the role :)

Witch: ahaaaa i did her rap at a performing arts evening at school when i was 14 and i got sooo many laughs, it was amazing :) I actually feel i could completely portray this role in an original way, through my experience of character roles. It's also a big challenge, keeping up that vocie 8 times a week! :D

Recording: http://www.youtube.com/user/beltingtokra (has I Dreamed a Dream and Blue Wind, i can't upload more because i can't convert my files to audios to put on a windows movie maker file grrrr)

[color=#80BFFF]lalalalala![/color]
I'm BACK! [color=#8040FF]But I need to work out a picture to put here...[/color]
[size=150]Team Cathy! :D[/size]

Last edited by music is my life!!! on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 26, 2010 2:16 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Roles auditioning for:
Little Red, any chorus role

Voice Part: Soprano with a belt

Little Red: When we did Into the Woods Jr. I wanted to be Little red so bad but of course I didn't get the part. I got Lucinda. I think I would be a perfect little red. I'm young and so is Little Red, I can portray her bossy, bratty, witty side and her strong side. Also, I can sing her songs pretty well. Plus, I have red hair :)

Photo: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 7323_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-s ... 6_6924.jpg

I'll post a recording later

Wed May 26, 2010 3:13 pm

Main Role: Stage Manager

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:10 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Overcoming illness
That's what happens when inactive posters host Forum Casts. You need regulars.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2