The Resource For Musicals

Into the Woods Forum

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
INTO THE WOODS FORUM CAST 2010! 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post INTO THE WOODS FORUM CAST 2010!
Hi all! The moderators have so graciously allowed me to begin a forum cast for ITW as there hasn't been one in several years. Here goes!

Rules (mostly copied off the Les Miz forum cast)

1.The auditions will go from two weeks, starting Tuesday, May 11th to Tuesday, May 18th. The voting will be from May 19th to May 26th. If you vote before or after the time of voting, your votes will not be counted. I will post results as soon as possible.

2. To audition, please include your username, a brief sentence or description of why you want the role, and if you want, you can include a picture. You may also do a video of yourself singing an audition song (either from the show or not) and post a link to it.

3. You can audition for more than one character.

4. No cross-gender auditioning. Sorry. Milky White can be played by either a male or a female.

5. When voting, I will allow you to vote for yourselves, but only if you had auditioned for the role.

6. Please vote for all the characters, not just one or a couple.

7. Please vote for only one character per person.

8. Obviously, the person with the most votes wins the role.

9. In the event of a tie, I will draw from a hat. However, if it's a tie, and one of the person in the tie has won the role, I will give that role to the other person in the tie.

10. If a person wins for multiple roles, I will select from a hat which role he will get, and then the second place finishers in the other roles will be cast.

11. You do not have to audition to vote. People who didn't audition can vote in here.

12. The understudies will be the runner-ups for the roles.

13. If people only auditioned for the lead and didn't get cast, I will put them in any ensemble role that was not cast or the Dreamers.

The following roles are available for audition:

The Baker
Baker's Wife
Witch
Cinderella
Jack
Little Red
Narrator/Mysterious Man
Jack's Mother
Stepmother
Florinda
Lucinda
Rapunzel
Cinderella's Prince/Wolf
Rapunzel's Prince
Cinderella's Father
Cinderella's Mother
Granny
Steward
Giantess (voice)
Snow White
Sleeping Beauty
Milky White

Have fun! I look forward to seeing your submissions!
:D

Tue May 11, 2010 8:08 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
LOVE THIS! I will post an audition tonight :)

Tue May 11, 2010 8:33 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

YES! I'll definitely put up an audition tomorrow! But first, some sleep would be nice.

Tue May 11, 2010 9:27 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Roles auditioning for: Cinderella, Rapunzel, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty
Why:
Cinderella: I played her recently IRL and she was by far my favorite character I have ever played, and I got many positive comments/feedback from my performance. She was such a rewarding character to portray, and a perfect fit for my singing voice. I would love to play her again someday, or in this forum cast. :)
Rapunzel: I also wouldn't mind playing Rapunzel either, as it is also in my vocal range and I think it would be a riot to do her "crazy" scene. I am also blonde and quite well at playing "dim witted" characters.
Snow White, Sleeping Beauty: If I couldn't be Cinderella or Rapunzel, I would be fine with a cameo role as one of these girls. :wink:
Picture:
(In costume as Cinderella)
(headshot)
Recording:
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/MaggieVader/?action=view&current=clip-2009-08-152053131.flv

Happy voting!

Wed May 12, 2010 7:29 am

Main Role: Stage Manager
Roles auditioning for: Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Stepsisters
Why:
Little Red - I get told a lot that I look younger than I am, which would work for Little Red. She's very energetic and kind of crazy, and I'm good at playing that kind of part.
Cinderella - Cinderella seems to be a very motherly person, despite not being a mother. I'm often considered to be kind of motherly as well. She also fits my range nicely.
Rapunzel - I can sing her part as well, and I just think that playing crazy would be fun.
Stepsisters - I've played Lucinda IRL, which was a blast, and I'd love to have either stepsister again.

Picture:

Wed May 12, 2010 9:24 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Mamie Parris

Roles Auditioning for: The Witch, Baker's Wife

Why:

The Witch - I have played her before, and consider her one of those roles I could play forever. I turned my character bio into a full 3-part story arc chronicling her life from beginning to tragic 'disappearance', and have a very deep understanding of the character.

The Baker's Wife - She is feisty and smart, but also very maternal and learns a lot along the way. She is also a character I understand very well and would love to play one day.

Picture:

Recording - (Rough) http://www.zshare.net/audio/760205875421ea32/

The Witch, Into the Woods

Last edited by Alexia Dark on Wed May 12, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 12, 2010 3:08 pm
Profile YIM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Living. Laughing. Breathing. Singing.
^ Alexia... I think we have the exact same casting type! Those are the two I would have put down... (and will do once the show is over and I have time to record something!)

Have also played Miss Sherman ;-)

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer

Wed May 12, 2010 3:33 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Username: Tumnus1031 (Taylor)

Roles Auditioning For: Jack, Rapunzel's Prince, Cinderella's Prince/Wolf

Why?

Jack - This guy is my dream role. Seriously. Giants in the Sky might be one of my favorite MT songs ever, plus it's well within my range and I've sung it for things like school showcases before. I usually play secondary, comic-relief type characters, and I'm particularly good at playing people that aren't particularly bright. Plus I would love getting to bring depth to the character, especially in Act II when his mother dies and he's forced to further face the reality of growing up and providing for himself.

Rapunzel's Prince - I like his part in Agony better than Cinderella's Prince, and I always imagined him having a bit of a lighter, more youthful tone to his voice than his brother. Plus being married to a crazy person would be great!

Cinderella's Prince/Wolf - I'm not one for playing dashing princes, usually, and my voice might be a bit too tenor-ish for this role (especially the Wolf), but being able to break out and play a character as creepy as the Wolf could be fun.

Recording: I promise to actually put one up this time...when my entire family isn't home >.>

Wed May 12, 2010 3:45 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Mamie Parris
^ Alexia... I think we have the exact same casting type! Those are the two I would have put down... (and will do once the show is over and I have time to record something!)

Have also played Miss Sherman ;-)

LOL, if I lost around 30 pounds, I think we would be a VERY similar type. Damn, I should just leave right now. Meh. Maybe I'll be the understudy. :lol:

The Witch, Into the Woods

Wed May 12, 2010 3:47 pm
Profile YIM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Roles Auditioning For Little Red, Stepsisters, Snow White
Why
Little RedTotal dream role. This is a role that I've come so close to getting IRL but didn't because of politics. During auditions I was really able to find a character for this role without having to derive from what I already know. She's someone who starts out innocent and bratty who then really puts her gaurd up only to have what little innocence she has left shattered. As Mdn's resident "aww she's so cute!" person, I feel like I'd be a great fit for this role!
The Stepsisters These are roles that would just be plain fun to do! For the stage time they get, they have great acting opprotunities and awesome lines. I'd love getting to bond with my Lucinda or Florinda. Oh and the opening number costume is a plus ;)
Snow White Ummm I love Snow White? I look cute in headbands with bows? I can yawn? Yeah that's about it....

Wed May 12, 2010 4:10 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Current Obsession: N2N, Hair,

Auditioning for:
Cinderella: I have been told by my entire group of musical friends that if I ever have the opportunity to be in Into the Woods that I should audition for this part, because I am perfect for this role, and the first time they saw it after meeting me they could see me being Cinderella. She's in my voice range, number 3 on my dream roles list, and would just be fun to play.

Little Red: I often am mistaken for younger than I really am, and I'm pretty sure I'm the shortest person on MdN- 5'0". I am 16, but I get told that I could pass for 12. She's also in my voice range, right in my comfort range, and I think she has one of the best parts, honestly.

Rapunzel- My mother always gets cast as the crazy lady. Seriously. If there is a "crazy lady" part in a show that she auditions for, she automatically gets it. I find that it is genetic- I'm fairly good at acting crazy as well. In middle school I had a reputation for throwing AMAZING fake tantrums on demand, and I'm still good at it. Plus, I'm an only child with a limited social life- it should be easy.

Snow White- if I don't get any of the above roles, I can at least be a princess. I'm a princess person- it's in my username.

Wed May 12, 2010 6:44 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Roles auditioning for: Little Red, Lucinda, Florinda, Bakers Wife, any role you find suitable :)
Voice Part: Mezzo Soprano
5'3-Curvy Figure

Little Red: This would be an absolute dream for me! I feel like I would be able to act the hell out of her part with my sense of humor. I look/sing the role perfectly...this really is perfect for me!
Lucinda/Florinda: I played Luncinda in my college's production of Into the Woods, which was a blast. Playing the "bitch" is something I feel I have down perfectly at this point :P I would be honored to play either of them again!
Bakers Wife: This is a long shot, but I would love to be privileged enough to explore this character in depth. I have always been fascinated by the Bakers wife, and envy those who can tackle the character so well-it would be a challenge I would be thrilled to take on.

See..definitely Little Red material ;)
"I sort of hate to ask it but do you have a basket??"

Wed May 12, 2010 7:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next