Into the Woods Forum

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Why Do ITW? 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Why Do ITW?
Besides being a great score and a good challange for actors, why do
Into The Woods?

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Sun May 02, 2010 10:04 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

And because it's one of the most popular musicals ever written?

Sun May 02, 2010 10:07 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
No offense, but this is getting redundant. A better question to ask would be "Why would anyone put up a musical?". Then you would get answers for every Sondheim musical, as well as many others. It is a question of economy and art, for some economy is most important, others do it for the art.

Sun May 02, 2010 10:09 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

No offense, but this is getting redundant. A better question to ask would be "Why would anyone put up a musical?". Then you would get answers for every Sondheim musical, as well as many others. It is a question of economy and art, for some economy is most important, others do it for the art.

Offense taken. I would much rather ask the same question for each particular show instead of generalizing it to fit all musicals. If that was my intention, I would have generalized it. You, on the otherhand, have the option of respecting the poster's intention and not respond, no matter how assinine my intent seemed to you.

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Sun May 02, 2010 11:49 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
It was meant as criticism. I simply think that the question is superficial and that if you want it answered you can get a response by other means. You can generalize it as I said in my first post, or you could ask "Why does people claim Into the Woods to be a good show?" and you would get more responds with deeper and more discussable answers.

Sun May 02, 2010 12:21 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Because it has a great story (the way the fairtales are intertwined is simply masterful) and the score is great. I don't care what anybody says about musicals, they were, are, and will be crowd-pleasers. This one especially. I don't know a single person who doesn't at least know "On the Steps of the Palace" or "The Children Will Listen".

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]