The Resource For Musicals

Gypsy Forum

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Patti LuPone in Gypsy is closing 
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

It seemed like such an obvious choice to film...maybe they're just waiting for the announcment because they are afraid ticket sales will dip even further than they already have if people knew that they could just watch it on TV. I hope....and pray.

Worst case you can just come to NYC, go up to Lincoln Center and watch it on tape.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:00 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I'll be seeing the show January 31st! My first trip to NYC. I couldn't miss the opportunity to see my favorite actress of the stage on Broadway in my absolute favorite musical of all time for the world and now I'm finally making it a reality. :D

Let's just hope her fabulous work ethic holds out and she doesn't randomly cancel the one show I'm seeing her in. :lol:

Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:31 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

I'll be seeing the show January 31st! My first trip to NYC. I couldn't miss the opportunity to see my favorite actress of the stage on Broadway in my absolute favorite musical of all time for the world and now I'm finally making it a reality. :D

Let's just hope her fabulous work ethic holds out and she doesn't randomly cancel the one show I'm seeing her in. :lol:

She'll be on vacation when you are there.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:10 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: next to normal
I have no idea how this show is going to last 3 months. Lowest attendance on Broadway this week, very very low last week. Losing profit weeks before that (I think). Hopefully it'll pick up.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:30 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Joseebus wrote:

She'll be on vacation when you are there.

:lol: :(

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:24 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

This should go into that thread about Broadway shows being videotaped and for some specious reasons, being made availalbe to the public. (It used to be here I think..and then got moved...and now I can't find it.)

Anyway, just for those who think the unauthorized "filming" of Broadway shows wouldbe the cat's pyjamas, here's some rare performance footage of ANgela Lansbury in MAME, and... as you can see, it's TERRIBLE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPTyjXdU ... re=related

So I don't know why people here keep thinking that they're entitled to see archival footage such as this for free. Most of it is REALLY UNWATCHABLE!!

Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:31 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

This should go into that thread about Broadway shows being videotaped and for some specious reasons, being made availalbe to the public. (It used to be here I think..and then got moved...and now I can't find it.)

Anyway, just for those who think the unauthorized "filming" of Broadway shows wouldbe the cat's pyjamas, here's some rare performance footage of ANgela Lansbury in MAME, and... as you can see, it's TERRIBLE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPTyjXdU ... re=related

So I don't know why people here keep thinking that they're entitled to see archival footage such as this for free. Most of it is REALLY UNWATCHABLE!!

And you realized it was filmed decades ago, right? If something's filmed today, it's bound to be great quality.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4