The Resource For Musicals

Gypsy Forum

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Gypsy Revival to Be Recorded! 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

[quote="Jman383"][Wow, that's just ignorance. Look up the 1991 Into the Woods DVD, or even 2006's Company dvd. Perfect quality.[/quote]

Wow, sheer presumptuous stupidity. I saw ITW in its original run; I don't need a video production of it. I don't care for COMPANY.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:43 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: next to normal
Jman383 wrote:
[Wow, that's just ignorance. Look up the 1991 Into the Woods DVD, or even 2006's Company dvd. Perfect quality.

Wow, sheer presumptuous stupidity. I saw ITW in its original run; I don't need a video production of it. I don't care for COMPANY.

I still don't understand what you are trying to argue here - it doesn't matter if you don't like it or not the point is that shows can be recorded for DVD successfully. Besides ITW, Company there is also OBC of SITPWG, Sweeney Todd touring cast, Jekyll/Hyde, cats, Oklahoma etc..etc.

Again, I just don't understand what your point is.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:36 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

GungaDin wrote:
Jman383 wrote:
[Wow, that's just ignorance. Look up the 1991 Into the Woods DVD, or even 2006's Company dvd. Perfect quality.

I still don't understand what you are trying to argue here - it doesn't matter if you don't like it or not the point is that shows can be recorded for DVD successfully. Besides ITW, Company there is also OBC of SITPWG, Sweeney Todd touring cast, Jekyll/Hyde, cats, Oklahoma etc..etc.

Again, I just don't understand what your point is.

Just don't listen to him. I'm convinced he's a troll... or twelve. Well, maybe both.

And I am not saying that to be rude, I'm saying it because it's quite obvious. You claim that if Gypsy was to be recorded it would look like the Mame clips you posted, but THEN, when someone suggests to you that there are other archived shows with HIGH quality filming, you dismiss them simply because you "dont care" for the shows. Wtf? You're not only belligerent and unreasonable, but you're immature. Sorry, it has to be said.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:27 am
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Boring.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:24 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: next to normal
Uh-huh. Right.

Boring.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:07 pm