The Resource For Musicals

A Funny Thing Happened On the Way To the Forum Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
auditions 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post auditions
hello everyone, im new to the site.

well anyways, we are doing forum at my school ( from what ive read here this is very common) and well we've had auditions for the last two days, and i have been extremely nervous and i think it has shown in my singing, even though everyone kept telling me that i was the boy with the best voice, i know that one of the other kids will get the part of hero( the part i want ) because i think he is better looking than me, and also is much 'buffer' than i am. we've all head him sing, and he cant sing so well. today were the call backs, and we both were called back. i used " love, i hear "as my audition song, then yesterday i sang " impossible " with a friend, and the director asked me to sing " lovely " ( not philia's part..lol) . well ill let yall know how it goes, wish me luck!

Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:08 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Best of luck! Also, just because Hero is the romantic lead doesn't necessarily mean that he should be the best looking in the cast. In my opinion, I think that Miles should look both better-looking and 'buffer' than Hero, since he's a soldier (and all the ladies seem to love him!). Hero's a teenager basically experiencing his first 'crush,' so there wouldn't be much reason to cast someone in that role who couldn't sing and looked buffer and better looking than Miles! Also, when I did this show, our Miles did a character singing voice because he himself was not a good singer, and it worked out wonderfully! Best of luck, keep us updated :)

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]