The Resource For Musicals

Annie Forum

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
What should i expect of Annie? 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Main Role: Musician
Post What should i expect of Annie?
We do a summer musical every summer in my town, last year was my first year and we had an AWESOME Bye Bye Birdie show. They are planning on doing Annie for next summer, and I was wondering what I should expect. I would more than likely not be a main person, probably an orphan. I am a soprano 1/2 (I've been flip-flopping in between in chorus) if that tells you much, but I just want to know your personal experiences from it.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:33 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Post Re: What should i expect of Annie?
:-({|=

Thu May 12, 2011 3:10 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Paul Gordon's new musical, "Emma"
^ LOL

Sorry, I never read/posted in this forum until recently. I'm currently playing Grace (in rehearsals).
What do you want to know? The orphans probably have the best part- they get good songs, good scenes, all the love from the audience. ;)
The songs are good, the book is cheesy in some places, truly funny in others, but all around still a cute show.

Tue May 17, 2011 5:11 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I found out i'm in the adult chorus. any info on that?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:38 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

You'll probably be a maid ("I think I'm Gonna Like It Here"), and a Hooverville person. Unfortunately there isn't a ton for the female ensemble, but it depends on your individual production.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:40 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

so if it was [unnamed] orphan vs adult chorus, orphan would be better?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:48 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Not necessarily. It depends how they use the extra orphans. Most productions don't use extra orphans, but really, the orphans aren't in all that much either. Hard Knock Life, Never Fully Dressed and the very end is about it, if I'm recalling correctly. So they're about equal.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Current Obsession: Paul Gordon's new musical, "Emma"
Depends on if they split the adult chorus into street chorus and servant chorus, or if everyone is in everything... but they are in:
- Hooverville (street)
-I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here (servants)
-N.Y.C (street)
-Gussie Her Up/Annie/I Don't Need Anything But You (servants)
-New Deal For Christmas (servants)

They might also pull people from the adult chorus to be small roles like some of the named servants (Mrs. Greer, Mrs. Pugh, Annette, Cecille), some of the presidential cabinet members (mostly men and one older woman), Boylan Sisters in the radio station, and things like that. Depends on how many people they have in the show and if they want to keep it a small cast where everyone does everything (like ours) or have a big cast so they can have 50 people on stage for N.Y.C. but divide out all the bit parts.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:53 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Our servants are mostly dancers, I have figured out that (so far, and possibly it) the adult chorus is in Hooverville and NYC. It's more than I got to do for Gypsy, so I'm not gonna complain.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]