The Resource For Musicals

Annie Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
I'm Drake! 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Main Role: Performer
Post I'm Drake!
Hey, I'm Tyler, this is my first post here.

So I just recently auditioned for our school's production of "Annie", and got the role of Drake. Actually, Drake sounds like the perfect part for me- I have a name, and I'm a secondary character (instead of a main or background character) and I don't think I'll have too many solos. I can sing okay, but I've just recently started getting real voice lessons, and I don't think I'm confident enough to sing in front of an audience yet. So Drake is good- helps me boost my confidence, helps me learn, but doesn't give me a heart attack every night. (I do want to go into real musical theatre when I'm older- this is the first musical I've been in.)

What should I expect from Drake? How many solos? Lines? Appearances? That sort of thing. Is he the kind of character you can have fun with?

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:01 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Beauty & the Beast, Curtains, Drowsy Chaperone
Main Role: Performer
Post Re: I'm Drake!
This is all going off of me seeing the show ONCE, but here it goes:
I'd say Drake is a wonderful part! The main males in the show are Warbucks, Rooster, Roosevelt, Radio-Station Guy, and Drake. Drake is the only one of them without a serious solo, but expect a few short lines in one or two songs.
From the looks of it, it looks like a very fun role to play. There aren't a ton of lines, but he definitely has a "personality".
So all-in-all, since you don't feel that confident in your singing quite yet, I'd say this is a perfect role!

Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:05 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: I'm Drake!
Congrats!!! I would say that Drake is a good role for a first timer. try not to be nervours and do your best!!!! Break a leg!!!!

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]