The Resource For Musicals

Annie Forum

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Disasters, Mistakes, Pranks, etc.? 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Disasters, Mistakes, Pranks, etc.?
Dear Annie Fans,

If you have any disaster/ mistake/ prank stories which relate to your production of Annie, feel free to share those stories here.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
8)

OPINION: Mitt Romney is "that wicked plastic man!"

Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:40 am
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

I've been in Annie, but I don't think there were any bloopers..
I read about someone's blooper, though.. I think they said that during a dress rehearsal, they used the director's dog for Sandy and she kept jumping off the stage and running to the director!

Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:01 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

yep that'd be me haha

See:

lol let's see ours had a few.. these were dress rehearsals here's a few that stick out in my mind...

One night when I was singing 'Tomorrow' the dog playing Sandy decided she was done and tried to walk offstage with me still hanging onto her leash

The one night they gave me a real apple I choked on it and completely botched the signature song

One night while trying to take the locket off it got caught on my mic and wig and we had to stop the show to untangle it

Let's see.. I'll have to think of some more lol

Our director was our Sandy's owner and the night before Opening Night she jumped off the stage. We thought she was a goner as she has hip displaysia as well as other health conditions.

Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Lol on closing night of our production, warbucks grace and annie kept singing into my part of NYC (I was the Star to Be). The orchestra just kept on playing, and I could hardly start from 'one me'. So I made up half my solo! God it was funny. What was really funny though was that only Warbucks noticed.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:52 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Ahh, there were so many funny memories doing Annie....

One time, our Miss Hanagain was doing a...um.."inappropriate" dance to "Maybe" in the wings. Only me and 2 stagehands saw, but it was hillarious!

Another time we were at rehersahal, our Benjamin the butler (Long story, we had a totally different version of Annie, very few characters. He was sorrta like Drake.) Had to say this one line to the audience. It was something like, "Mr. Warbucks! I have an important message for you!" He could NOT say it for anything! He just kept messing up every time for like, 20 min.!

Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:12 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

^A "very different version of Annie?" Not to be rude, but was it a legal version of Annie? Just wondering, like if it is a different playwrite entirely or you just changed it.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:52 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

^A "very different version of Annie?" Not to be rude, but was it a legal version of Annie? Just wondering, like if it is a different playwrite entirely or you just changed it.

I think it's a legal version of "Annie"...it just doesn't have most of small chracters, Sandy, and less songs. My music teacher got it from the .net...I'm really not sure...

Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:52 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
On opening night when Warbucks tell drake to bring champane the bottom of the champane glasses kept falling off. The person who played Grace could not stop laughing and could not say her next line. Warbucks after trying to help her and getting no avail. (Sorry if i spelt that wrong) Just walked of the stage like whaever. ( The girl who played kinda annoyed be. She has the most amazing voice and is a pretty good actor but had an attitude at rehershals and seemed like she just didn't want to be there. She also knew nothing about theather and gave an attitude like I'm better then all of you I sould be thanked that i came here. She also missprenouced a lot of her words!)

We where doing a show for either the elderly, 5th graders or dress rehersahal. I played Tessie. In the last scene when we come out to meet Annie ( Annie Annie Oh my Goodness it's Annie!) We come out where differnt dresses. The dress i had was prefect. It was Alice in wonder land dress but with out the pinafore it didn't look like a Alice in woderland dress. Becuase of the peter pan coller it looked very 30's. I've had this dress since second grade. It still fits. (In second grade it was down to my ankles. I must had have 100 pins just to keep it from falling down!) It was our first time with the lights. After the last scene someone told be that withthe lights the top of my dress was transparent and you could see my bra!! :oops:

The best was In one of the dress rehershals we where working on the dnace for Easy Street (Reprasie). The teacher tells shows them the dance and theywork on it for a bit. Then we took the scene from Your never fully dressed without a smile! Then it was time to do there dance. It was horrible! Miss.Hannigen, Lily and Rosster where tripping over each other. We where laughing so hard I almost wet my pants.But to put the icing on the cake Bobby the person playing Rooster Atimits to do a split. *Ow* Lets just say it did not work very well and Rooster for a short time was a Soprano.

Before that scene when we where doing You're never fully dressed with out a smile. The person playing Duffy was not there. So the girl playing Pepper said her lines. Of course Pepper answers one of Duffys lines. So after word I turn to her and go Omg! Your Bipolor. In retrun she Put her hands on her head and screamed "The voices! The voices!" Then when I was getting up to sing "Hey Hobo man..." I tripped! That had to be the most messed up scene I've ever seen! (Excuse the pun *What pun? Shut up he thinks he's witty*-producers*)

And one more (Sorry this is so long but you asked for Storys and I have a lot!) One time we where doing the scene tommrow. The person who was playing sandy and the apple seller where not there and had gone home (We where originally working on scene 3) So The girl playing Pepper and I filled these parts. Pepper (Ashley) played the apple seller and I played Sandy. (We also added in a kitty the kitty didn't do anything it's just thats how sandy got on stange he was chaseing a kitty. The kitty then came back on during Tommrow and the Finale.) So when Pepper was playing the apple seller when ever someone didn't take an apple she would get all upset and pretend to cry. (The apple seller was very depressed) When Annie con's him to giving her a apple. She pretended to sob threw the basket of apples and ran of the stage pretending to sob! (She did this so well you would have thought the apple seller had mentel issues and was really sobbing) Then I came on. ( Filling in for Sandy) I pretended to be a dog. So what do dogs do? First i lifted my back leg up. Then I chased my Imangenary tail. I then precened to howl when sandy has the line Tommrow. ( You could either sing or bark this part since sandy is a dog) At the end of the scene the apple seller runs back on sobbing. I picked up my leg once agien and pretend to bite his(her) shoe.

I lied I just thought of more storys! (For those of you who are still reading this very long message. I'm sure some of you have givin up my now and think I A) belong in a mental ward. Or B) Already realized I was crazy but now realized that my storys are very boring and for me to think that they are entertaining and funny just shows that I have no life *which I don't*) Once we where doing your never fully dressed with out a smile. We all decied to get up and dance. We did a kickline and me and the girl playing Molly break out of the kickline and slide to the center (Almost falling off. That would have a intresting thing to tell people in the ER. "What happened?" and me saying "Um.. Well i was doing a kick line and then I kinda slid and fell off the stage" The Docter not being able to help for a few minutes becuase hes to busying laughing thinking my god this girl is a klutz! She has to be an moron!)

In the finale sceme when the orphans come out to greet Annie. The girl playing Pepper (Ashley) Molly (Taylor) and I hid in the curtains. (These girls are so funny I can't list every funny story I have of them) So when are cue comes to run out and say Annie Annie! We jump out of the curtain going Annie!! Everyone was just in shock becuase no one knew we where there. The timeing was just prefect.

Also Molly had a doll in the play. We named her Holly the evil grandma dolly little spastic made of plastic. legsp for short. You had to see the things we did to this poor doll! We turned its head arould and said it was the girl from a horror movie. We played Docter and turned all its limbs arould. The doll was a stalker and we would take the doll and make it follow each other.

Thats all I can think of right now. But there where a lot more. I don't want to bore you all to death with them though.

:lol: Also please excuse the spelling mistakes. I'm sure most of them are just typos. #-o

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:31 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post absolute madness
what you own that was freaking hilarious it sounds like our practices

we had some fun times with annie
it was my 1st musical and i got the part of connie boylan. well during one practice the guy playing burt heley walks up behind me during "and not from head to toe" and smakes my butt...and we ended up keeping it in the show. it got big laughs

we also had hannigan and lily fighting through all of easy st it was so funny. lily got on the desk for her solo and hannigan pushed her off. we had rehersed her just falling to the desk, but during the show she decided she was going to fall all the way off the desk. scared everyone back stage

and last but not least we had rooster, when he was taking about killing annie he pulls out a fake knife and decided that he needed sound effects 2 so he screams SSSHHHWING everyone on stage started craking up and no one could say their lines all in all a good play

Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]