Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Post Kinda O/T: Annie VS Anne of Green Gables
I just watched Annie and realized how close she is to Anne of Green Gables:

-They both have the 'Ann' name
-They both have red hair
-They are both orphans
-They were almost sent back to the orphanage because they were girls
-They both have a musical and a movie based of of literature ("Little Orphan Annie" comic books/"Anne of Green Gables" by L.M. Montgomery)

I dunno... just some things I noticed.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:55 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

This is a bump, but it I agree. Anne of Green Gables and Annie are very alike.. I think of Anne of Green Gables as a canadian Annie..
the musicals are definitely different though.

Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:03 pm

I played Gilbert Blythe in a straight play version of Anne of Green Gables...the first play I was in that made my mother cry lol. It was a blast...especially because I had a huge crush on our Anne at the time...hehe.

Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:14 pm

I played Gilbert Blythe in a straight play version of Anne of Green Gables...the first play I was in that made my mother cry lol. It was a blast...especially because I had a huge crush on our Anne at the time...hehe.

Anne was my first show, too! It was the musical, though. I was Moody MacPherson! :mrgreen:

Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:08 pm

Sweeney Hyde wrote:

Anne was my first show, too! It was the musical, though. I was Moody MacPherson! :mrgreen:
haha...our Moody is forum member lt.shaw. Fun times...one of my favorites thus far...forum member Melindaisy was our Marilla.

We got to do a special performance for like...a billion elementary school students...so much fun...we had a comedic pause of about 5 minutes when I got hit with the chalk board. Loved it.

Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:13 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

musikal_geek wrote:
Sweeney Hyde wrote:

haha...our Moody is forum member lt.shaw. Fun times...one of my favorites thus far...forum member Melindaisy was our Marilla.

We got to do a special performance for like...a billion elementary school students...so much fun...we had a comedic pause of about 5 minutes when I got hit with the chalk board. Loved it.

Marilla is such a great part (especially in the musical.. I Can't Find The Words Reprise is SUCH a great song!!!)

Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]