The Resource For Musicals

Annie Forum

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Improvs and Bloopers 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Not an "Annie" malfunction per se, but definitely an "Annie"-related one. When I was in sixth grade, for one of our programs, we sang a medley of showtunes, one of which was "Tomorrow". Now think about how most people who sing "Tomorrow" perform it. ("When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely, I just stick out my chin and grin and SAAAAAYYYY...OHHHHHHHH...", etc.) Well, we weren't supposed to do the "standard showbiz Broadway kid belter"-style version, but one girl kept forgetting, causing our (very persnicketty) music teacher to have a hissy fit.

I didn't like the fact that he yelled at us a lot (nor the fact that some of my friends sort of kept on testing him), but that was pretty funny when I look back.

At least no one sang it like Eddie Murphy (as James Brown) did on SNL.

Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:24 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Sounds like a fun show! The worst thing that happened in our show was probably some of the people with mics, hopefully not myself, were whispering when they were on stage and the mics were on. So...you'd hear things like "Where's my bucket?" and stuff.

I didn't know they could hear us until we got the videos. The best not-supposed-to-be-heard line was from Molly as they put her in the laundry basket off stage.

"Okay, I'm in! Go, go, go!"

I almost did that. I was cursing backstage because my foot had gotten hit with one of the bunk beds. Thank god my mic wasn't on!

Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:28 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

My (Middle School's) production, where I was an orphan-

-Our sound person messed up the cue for NYC one rehearsal, and our Warbucks tried (successfully, might I add) to fit his last line into about 2 seconds, so it sounded like, "Ah, smell those bus fumes! There'snoairliketheairofNewYorklet'sgettotheRoxybeforethepriceschange! *Huge breath* NYC!"

-Our Rooster's false mustache fell off during one of his exits on the second night. The best part is the next night- he delievered all of his lines with his hand on his face holding the mustache (/small furry caterpillar) in place. Fantastic image! :lol:

- Not really a blooper, but: A snowstorm delayed/canceled school for 3/5 days the week before our shows.... (Yeah, our Annie almost had a nervous breakdown...but it turned out okay!)

-Our director gave Grace (played by one of my friends) some dresses to try on for the final scene-and one of them was totally see-through. Obviously it wasn't used, but the memory of an entire moving mob of girls covering her on her way to tell our director about it-priceless.

-But the winner is our Miss Hannigan, who sat back down in her chair after Grace's exit in Little Girls....and the chair totally collapsed/splintered. She was okay, but the rest of us were totally freaked out (especially b/c I'd been sitting in that chair for Never Fully Dressed).

Yay Annie productions! (Our performances actually went really well overal; best show the Drama Club has done in the last three years!) :D

P.S. And referring to the last post, I split the job of getting Molly into the hamper with another 8th grader....and before we had our basket, Molly sort of crab-walked offstage really fast, cracking up most of the cast.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3