The Resource For Musicals

Annie Forum

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Improvs and Bloopers 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Let's see here.... Our first Sandy was too big and kept trying to literally drag me offstage everytime, so we had to switch to a smaller dog a few weeks before opening night. One night the dog decided to "sing" or howl along with me during "Tomorrow". The audience, thankfully loved his rendition. Another night during the radio station reprise of "Maybe", the cord for the station microphone got caught on the uprising curtain, lifting the microphone stand clear off the ground for awhile. The Boylen Sisters were quite distraught.

Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:06 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Well, we haven't performed our production yet, however, one of our Annies (they're double cast) is black..lol. So one day in the scene where Grace says "Mr. Warbucks prefers red headed children"..instead she said "Mr. Warbucks prefers black children".. and just kept going in that vein for the whole rest of the scene. It was really funny...after the scene was over everyone was laughing for, like, ten minutes afterwards. :lol:

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:16 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Oh God!! That's so horrible yet so funny at the same time!

Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:33 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Yeah. She's referring to me. We go to school together and are both in Annie. Me being black is an amazing continuous joke in the show.

I''m part of the MdN Healthy Lifestyle Challenge!
Sings from her hoo-hoo.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:50 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

We (the orphans and Annie) were doing a preview for our show of Annie and we performed a few songs (Maybe, Hard Knock Life, Tomorrow, and Never Fully Dressed) for these people... when our Annie was singing Tomorrow she forgot a line for a moment and sang, "The sun'll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun....The sun'll come out tomorrow..." It was handled well though. She just kept going after that.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:33 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

haha I just got done playing the role of Annie....
Three things rele stick out of my mind during the show...

The opening night, right after maybe when we all were falling asleep, they had to stop the show cause people parked their car in the wrong spot, and they were going to be towed. And we had to stay asleep until everyone was back in! lol
Also that same night, when Rooster's supposed to be Ralph Mudge, he came on stage without the birth certificate....so he says "Oh I left Annie's birth certificate out their with the butler" and after a long pause with no words...the guy playing Oliver Warbucks says "I'll go get it then!" and he just left the stage, took a random piece of paper from back stage, and came back on! It was hilarious!

And the last show, during the last scence President Roosevelt's supposed to say "Turn them over Lewis!" but to be funny, he said "Book 'em Lewis!" That was the besst! hahahaha.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:45 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

The first problem was in the middle of Maybe. The music started messing up and finally shut off completley. After a moment, Annie started singing a capella. We finished the song and nothing seemed to go really wrong until the last scene. It went something like this:

Roosevelt: We tracked your parents through the note (or whatever the line is)
Annie: They're dead?
Warbucks: Yes...honey, but their names were Maragaret and David Bennet.
Annie: Where are they?
Grace: They're in heaven, dear.

Heh.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:58 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Our goof-up night was Saturday night.

The first problem was in the middle of Maybe. The music started messing up and finally shut off completley. After a moment, Annie started singing a capella. We finished the song and nothing seemed to go really wrong until the last scene. It went something like this:

Roosevelt: We tracked your parents through the note (or whatever the line is)
Annie: They're dead?
Warbucks: Yes...honey, but their names were Maragaret and David Bennet.
Annie: Where are they?
Grace: They're in heaven, dear.

Heh.

NICE!!! That last part's hilarious!
I nearly slid off of the stage during curtain call, because not only was the Sandy half my size, but I was wearing tap shoes. DIFFICULT. and during Tomorrow, he kept running offstage, and during Hooverville too! The audience thought it was hilarious.

I''m part of the MdN Healthy Lifestyle Challenge!
Sings from her hoo-hoo.

Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:22 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Yeah, everyone was a bit nervous about the final scene the next show. No one wanted to repeat that.

Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:05 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

So.. kinda bumping a dead-ish thread, but I have a few I can recall.. this was from my middle school's production of Annie Jr.

We had a really goofy 8th grader playing Drake, and when Warbucks gives him some sort of good news (maybe it was taking the night off? I kind of forget, it was seven years ago..) he decided to add in a line and yelled out "Oh, goody-goody gumdrops!" It was okay, though, and everyone laughed.

When we were singing "Anything but You," there was a lamp right next to the couch we started the song on, and when Warbucks stood up and held up his arm for part of the dance, he knocked the lampshade off the lamp. We got really flustered, but kept going, and I accidentally kept singing and almost sang his entire "I'm richer than Midas" line. Oops. It kind of came out as "I'm richer than... *giggle*" haha. It's funny watching the recording, though.

When I was singing "Maybe" on the radio show, I couldn't figure out why the audience was clapping in the middle of the song. Turns out the stage crew members were joking around and blinking the "applause" sign. Oh, lovely. haha.

That's all I remember, but being that it was a middle school show, I'm sure there were more. :P It was still a great show, and I'll always be grateful to have had the chance to play Annie! <3

Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:25 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Sounds like a fun show! The worst thing that happened in our show was probably some of the people with mics, hopefully not myself, were whispering when they were on stage and the mics were on. So...you'd hear things like "Where's my bucket?" and stuff.

I didn't know they could hear us until we got the videos. The best not-supposed-to-be-heard line was from Molly as they put her in the laundry basket off stage.

"Okay, I'm in! Go, go, go!"

Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:23 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I had the role of Grace and I had this beautiful strapless black dress to wear for the last scene. When I had originally tried it on I had actdentally tried it on with the things you use to hang strapless dresses up, you know, those weird straps. Anyways, we just figured it would be fine and I didn't ry it on without the straps.
Well, our show was triple casted and we only had 2 nights of dress rehersal in the theater before we opened. Lucky me, I was the one without a dress rehersal.
Althought the dress was actually to tight for one girl, I hadn't though I would have any problems, except for it being my first quick change, so the show is going great and we get to the scene and I do my quick change. The Dress Doesn't Fit!! Not to small, too big! Because it was a quick change we couldn't do anything to alter it, so for my last 15 min on stage I was fighting to keep the dress up!
The most imbarassing part was, afterwards, one of the moms of one of the orphans in the play came up to me and told me that she would help me with the dress for the next show, she could tell I was having problems from the audience! I was so embarased! I was trying to do it without being noticed!

We also had this time when Warbucks had forgoten the check, and so I had the paper saying all the "ralph and sherly mudge arn't real" stuff in my hands and when Warbucks couldn't find the check he just took the paper from my hands and folded it in thirds and handed it to "Ralph"

Previous Leads:
Annie: Grace Farrel/Mrs. Pugh/Ronnie Boyland

Dream Roles:
Ado Anne: Oklaholma
Nala: Lion King
Sandy: Grease
Bell or Babette: Beauty and the Beast
Christine Daae: PTO

Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next