The Resource For Musicals

Annie Forum

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The meanest Annie! 

I've been in "Annie" 3 times. I've actually never played an orphan, even though I'm only 15 now, and the last time I did the show was a while ago. I am always one of the servants (and the star-to-be/connie boylan once).

One Annie was lovely, two were absolute divas. They might have been nicer if I had been an orphan, I'm not sure, but they were very snobby towards me.

Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:21 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I've been stage manager for productions of Annie twice. Once the girl who was Annie was a sweetie. Very professional, very nice. The other time the girl was mostly nice, but slightly unstable and would flip out at everyone ocassionally. You could say she was mean, but she'd usually apologize later. She was just less mature than the other Annie, though close to the same age in real life.

Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:57 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

The last production of Annie I was involved with the girl playing Annie was the sweetest little girl. Very professional and surprisingly quiet and reserved off stage.

Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:28 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I am playing Annie for the 3rd time now and I sure hope I have never been mean to any of my cast. I feel that I am friends with all the girls in the cast.

Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:24 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

i was in annie 4 times, all 4 playing july. In a couple of the shows we had annie divas, but in most of them they were nice. my little sister played molly and there was a tall cast and a short cast. since my sister is pretty short, we were cast in the short cast. unfourtunately, the tall annie was the nicer one. The short one didn't say a word to my sister or me except get outta my way, or another rude comment. she gave no copliments to others at all. apparently the wolrd revolves around her!

"Live like ur at the bottom even when ur at the top."

Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:42 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

The first production i was in was with a theater group that cast about 4 people in each part and didn't tell them which days they were the character until a day or two before. Since everyone was always competing to be the best and get the most shows there were a lot of problems. I was cast as Annie and Tessie. I only got to play Annie for two of the shows. One of the other Annies also had a mom in the show who would tell the director that i was doing the wrong thing and how her daughter should have more shows then me. Our director was so uninvolved the didn't know that i was the same person who was playing Tessie and gave me every show as Tessie and overlapped which days i played Annie. Whenever i had a rehearsal where i was Annie he told me i sucked, but whenever i was Tessie he told me i was really talented. So one of the Annies in my show was awful, she was always telling me how bad i was but the other one was nice.

Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:12 pm
I'm doing Annie right now (i'm miss hannigan) and the Annie is SO annoying! I KNOW she's just trying to be nice but it REALLY annoying!
:?

Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:16 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I've done Annie twice, once playing Tessie, and once as Grace. The first time our Annie was absolutely obnoxious and a little prima donna who ended up botching Tomorrow on opening night. The second time, my cousin (who was around 11 at the time) was playing Annie, and she was actually really nice to everyone in the cast.

Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:53 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

This question is funny to me. The girls who play Annie are pretty much no different than any other little girls that are cast in theatrical roles...they're either going to be sweet little girls...terrifying little girls...or somewhere in between...as is the balance of all show-biz kids out there in any show. =)

Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:31 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Our Annie was quite pleasant. And i helped Choreograph this show this past summer at one of our theatres and that Annie was also pleasant, so i just think that is a little stereotypical, but oh well.

Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:32 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

. The girls who play Annie are pretty much no different than any other little girls that are cast in theatrical roles...they're either going to be sweet little girls...terrifying little girls...or somewhere in between...as is the balance of all show-biz kids out there in any show. =)

i agree!

but just to answer the question.. i was in annie in 7th grade (5 years ago) and i'll never forget that our annie was mean and bossy to the whole cast and i was always upset by her and a little scared of her (even though i played Pepper, so technically she should have been the one being scared of me).. :oops:

Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:16 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I played the role of "Annie" when I was 11. (I am now 22) Having never had a lead role before, I was ecstatic. I never thought I was "mean" maybe just a little inexperienced and young. I always tried to get along with everyone and put my whole heart into the role. If anything, I thought some of the cast were a bit strange in their dealings with me. There were some adults in the cast who were upset that their daughters did not get the role, and there was even a man whose daughter (they were cast as a chorus part and orphan) treated me particularly evilly. They would dance to the "Something Was Missing" behind stage and pretend they were actually on stage as the characters and it was pretty obvious they were pretty bitter about not landing the "Annie" and "Daddy Warbucks" roles respectively.

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next