The Resource For Musicals

Annie Forum

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
The meanest Annie! 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post The meanest Annie!
Dear Musicals.Net Poster,

If you've been in a production of Annie, and you weren't cast as Annie, was the actress who played Annie mean in real life?

If you've been in more than one production of Annie, and you were cast as someone other than Annie in at least two of the productions that you've been in, were any of the "Annies" mean in real life?

I'm curious to find out if America's favorite musically-inclined redhead is usually portrayed by genuinely nice girls, or if little divas are usually cast in the role.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

OPINION: Mitt Romney is "that wicked plastic man!"

Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:59 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Our cast list is going up later today, and let me tell you, ALL of our potential Annies are DUKING IT OUT.

Haha, it's kind of funny. A bunch of short, cute little girls constantly bitching about each other and asking me (because who can't rest their shoulder on their favorite homo?) if they're better than everyone else.

Steward/Ensemble in Anything Goes

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:27 am
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

oh yeah... our annie is a mean one but puts on the nice act

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:53 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I was in "Annie" when I was 13 and I was cast as Cecille the maid because I was already too tall to play an orphan (sob!) our Annie was lovely! I almost wanted to not like her because she was so sweet. Some of the girls who played the orphans went to my school though and they were b*****! and there was loads of moaning because they didn't get Annie.

I do know what you mean though about thinking anyone who plays Annie must be a precosious little madam, I always cringe whenever anyone suggests we put on a show with children in it!!!

Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:49 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Our Annie was one of my stage school students. A lovely helpful child (who knew everyone elses lines aswell as her own)

This was unfortunate for me as Miss Hannigan because I found it difficult to be mean to her.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:05 am
Profile WWW
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

our annie was really nice... she had been annie a few times before though... but our miss hannigan (community theater) didnt really care for her or grace... but she was one of the nicest ladies i had met... so...
thats my story...
BRET

Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:44 am
Profile YIM WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I was in Annie with a youth theater when I was 11, and Annie was played by my best friend at the time... So naturally, I thought she was nice as pie! But actually, she'd never had a big role before so she wasn't a prima donna as some young actresses are. I think some of the other girls in the cast disliked her, but mostly out of jealousy that they hadn't gotten the part (I wasn't jealous; I was happy for her :D ). And I'm pretty sure she got along fine with the older kids.

She wasn't very good at memorizing her lines, though. :-$ Lol.

:mrgreen:

Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:22 pm
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

In the production I was in our Annie flipped off people off-stage if we forgot a line and trash talked

I was Grace so it was hard to deal with her

Mon May 01, 2006 2:22 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I've played Annie, Molly and Miss Hannigan. I can tell you that if an orphan doesn't get annie, they do generally cry a lot. I had one unfortunate incident last year (Miss Hannigan) when one girl's pushy mother decided that she shouldn't be in the show if she wasn't good enough for the lead. That was a geart shame, she would have been perfect for Molly (small, cute, mousey hair) but a lot of people jsut see the Annie character. [x]

Next Audition Wednesday- Much Ado About Nothing (We''''re getting into serious drama now!)[/u]

Tue May 02, 2006 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

wow, this is very interesting. I have not been in the show, but my daughter has twice and I was at every rehersal for both. The first time she was 7 and she played Molly (her first show!), and we had 2 Annie's. Both of them are the nicest children. They got to be good friends with my daughter. The second time my daughter was 9 and was cast as Duffy. Again, two Annie's. both were nice, but my daughter did not get real close to them like in her first show. I have actually never seen a kid in either show ever act snobby or have diva problems or anything. Both auditions i did not really think my daughter had a shot in hell at even getting in against roughly 100 other girls, so I was thrilled and shocked both times. Of course the first time she was only 7 and we were hoping she'd get Molly. the second time she would have liked to get the role of Annie, but was satisfied to be in it at all. I actually told people she did not make it before we even found out becasue i could hear other kids that sounded like broadway stars singing thruogh the walls. Did not think she had a shto at all. Turns out, they loved her personality!

Fri May 05, 2006 7:37 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

I've done Annie three times, and played an orphan as my primary role all three. I've played Pepper, July, and Annie.
The times I played July and Pepper, the two girls that played Annie were really sweet to me. We had a few of the older girls that were orphans that were kind of snobbish towards me and some of the younger kids but then again they were "young adults" so they thought that they knew everything. The thrid time I did Annie I played Pepper and I was the oldest of the girls. Most of them didn't seem to have a problem with the girl that palyed Annie, she seemed really sweet.

___
Current Role: TBA
Past Roles: Hermia "A Midsummer Night's Dream", Anne "The Diary of Anne Frank", Elaine Harper "Arsenic and Old Lace", Pepper, July, Annie "Annie", Brigitta "The Sound of Music", Dwarf, White Stag "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe", Alice "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers", Rizzo "Grease", Silly Girl #1, Napkin/Plate "Beauty and the Beast"

Tue May 30, 2006 3:39 am
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

I played Annie in seventh grade=]. I hope I wasn't mean back then. Not that I am now. Lol.

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next