ANNIE Remake: Will + Willow + Jay-Z 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: ANNIE Remake: Will + Willow + Jay-Z
It's good parenting

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:47 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Location: If you care to find me, look to the western sky...or just look in Toronto

So...yeah. Fortunately no Willow Smith. It actually doens't look too awful. Not feeling Cameron Diaz as Hannigan though.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:52 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Dear "Annie" Fans,

I've seen the trailer (Thanks for posting it here, though, anyway, Mistress), and I am actually surprised by how good it looks! I can't wait to see the movie this Christmas, and I think that the present-day setting will work splendidly. I'm even loving the idea of Diaz as Miss Hannigan, although I'm wondering why an African American singer/ comedian wasn't cast as Hannigan. Wouldn't Queen Latifah have easily been able to perform the comedy that Diaz will be performing?

I do think that the movie COULD have worked as a 1930s movie, too, and I don't know WHY the rich guy COULDN'T have still been called Mr. Warbucks.

If the movie WERE set during the 1930s, one or more main Caucasians would HAVE to be introduced, a la The Disney Channel's "Polly" movie musicals (By the way, I LOVE those two movies!); in "Polly", the grumpy older lady was still Caucasian (That aspect of the movie became racially significant, because Polly won her over, and gained her respect), and, in a re-make of "Annie", FDR would be Caucasian, too, because utilizing an African American FDR would mean that the movie-makers would be completely re-writing history, and that'd be wrong. (I really don't even think that any African American would expect to see an African American FDR in "Annie"....any more than any Caucasian would expect to see a Caucasian Obama in Disney's Hall of Presidents....because those types of historical alterations are liable to just seem freaky; they are (potentially) being ridiculously applied to the memories of real people, and historically famous people, at that, people who actually lived and breathed while they were embodying a certain racial background/ backgrounds!)

With regards to the movie, I wish that it could be released for the 4th of July, or around August, or....on a date that will arrive more quickly than December...?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
8-)

OPINION: Mitt Romney is "that wicked plastic man!"

Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2