The Resource For Musicals

Fiddler On the Roof Forum

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Disasters, Mistakes, Pranks, etc.? 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Disasters, Mistakes, Pranks, etc.?
Dear Fiddler on the Roof Fans,

If you have any disaster/ mistake/ prank stories which relate to your production of FotR, feel free to share those stories here.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
8)

OPINION: Mitt Romney is "that wicked plastic man!"

Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:26 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

In an original Broadway cast rehearsal, Zero Mostel was rehearsing the pre-wedding scene with Joanna Merlin and Austin Pendleton (Tzeitel and Motel). At the point where he would normally ask a trembling Tzeitel and Motel, "Well children, when shall we make the wedding?", he said: "Well children...LUNCH!" and stalked out, probably leaving Joanna and Austin doubled over laughing.

Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:51 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Hehe, I havent got any yet, but we have only been rehearsing two weeks.

However in my audition for Chava, instead of singing "You bring the groom" I said "You bring the Broom" I dunno how i managed to stay on track after that :P

Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:19 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

We've had a few funny things...The part in the wedding scene when the bar tender is giving the speech and he says " and may they live to gether in peace" he forgot the next part, which was supposed to be "amen" and instead said So There!!, and then the chorus automatically yelled back...SO THERE!! We started laughing so hard when we relized....on another night, when Lazar and tevye are fighting in the wedding scene, the Rabbi came up to say "i say...I say ...lets sit down.." but i guess he forgot his line and instead he same up and said "I say..I say...(he looks around frantically) AAAAAAMEN!! It was very funny.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:34 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

It's almost impossible to keep a straight face when Tevye says, "AND YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DISEASED CHICKEEEEEEENS!!!!" He purposely says it so ridiculously, it's so hard not to just burst out laughing.

Currently: Searching desperately for jobs

Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:08 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
In our production, the Russian soldiers also double as the Bottle Dancers at the wedding. The cast had given the soldiers names just for the fun of it, one of which was Boris.

When the Bottle dancers came out and did their thing we were told to cheer and encourage the dancers. Some of the younger members of the cast didn't click that the dancers and the soldiers were actually two separate characters so we calling out the the dancers "Go Boris!!"

Buff :D

Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:13 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I tripped on my skirt and almost fell of my ladder while singing "TEVYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" It's not my fault my costume was impractical.

The Past:Interviewer #1, The Interview; Wanda, Unbeatable Harold; Mrs. Pearce, MFL; Fruma Sarah, Fiddler on the Roof
The Present: UVic Theatre Major
The Future: Crack-ho?

Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:55 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Not really a disaster, but I was The Fish/Bagel Boy/Rumor soloist/Bottle Dancer in this show! And Right when i went out to say "Bagels Fresh Bagels" my nose bursted out bleeding! And it kept bleeding up until the Bottle Dance, So I went onstage with a huge piece of toilet paper sticking out of my nose, and with blood on my face...it was quite embarrising!

Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:41 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post fiddler on the roof stuff up
i have two stuff ups one at a rehearsal and another on a performance

1. (rehearsal) near the end of the play Tevye was supposed to say "that Motel is a person" but instead said "that tzeitel's a man" the cast was cracking up and he had no idea what he did wrong.

2. during one of our performances when Avram, Mendal and the Innkeeper were pestering Tevye about their orders being late, the innkeeper's line was "may the authorities start itching in places that they can't reach" he forgot his line but knew it was something to do with the authorities so instead shouted "kill the authorities!!"

Sat May 24, 2008 9:29 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Yeah, we had a disaster. We were all suprised when this one boy tried out for Fiddler because he wasn't the type that would be into musicals. But he got cast as Fyedka because he actually can act when he tries. Well, he missed half of the practices and didn't learn his lines, but somehow managed not to get kicked out of the play.

And on our last performance, when the Russians crash the wedding, we had it so that Fyedka staged breaking a bottle over Perchik's head. But on our last night, the guy who played Fyedka actually did break the bottle over Perchik's head - it knocked the poor kid out and cracked his skull. Needless to say, the kid who played Fyedka was never allowed in one of our productions again.

Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:16 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

During one of our schools performances our nachum's pants ripped at the begging of the wedding dance scene, it was hillarious. Another night; our rabbi left his "dark eyes" on during the wedding scene. explanation: Since the nightmare is right before the wedding the whole ensemble was given black tape to put under our eyes, so we could look "ghost-like"... well we all had to take it off for the next scene and our rabbi forgot! so he was "dead" during the wedding... it was the best. :)

^most recent production

Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:37 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post fiddler stuff up
Another one I didn't mention before was during one of our performances Tevye's beard was coming off. During the "l'chaim" song it was blowing in and out of his mouth and by the end of the song he had swallowed it XD

Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next