Evita Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Eva/Mistress range? 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: In the Heights,Aaron Tveit, I Love You Because
Main Role: Performer
Post Eva/Mistress range?
What is Eva's vocal range?..if you aren't like a big belter like Patti do you still have chance of playing this role?..also what is the range of the Mistress? and how old should she be?..I believe in the stage version she has a solo, but i'm not positive.

Previous: Into The Woods -Cinderella, West Side Story- Rosalia, My Fair Lady - u/s Eliza, Cats -Demeter, FAME!-Serena, Fiddler...- Hodel, A Chorus Line - Lois, Guys and Dolls - Adelaide, No, No Nanette

Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: In the Heights,Aaron Tveit, I Love You Because
Main Role: Performer
can anyone help??..there's a possibility that I might be auditioning for the show soon..and I'd like to know about the female vocal parts?

Previous: Into The Woods -Cinderella, West Side Story- Rosalia, My Fair Lady - u/s Eliza, Cats -Demeter, FAME!-Serena, Fiddler...- Hodel, A Chorus Line - Lois, Guys and Dolls - Adelaide, No, No Nanette

Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I don't know about their exact ranges. You have a chance at Eva even if you're not a huge belter (the recent tour had more of a soprano type in the role), but know that people generally equate "Evita" with a power-belting diva - you're going to have to really sell your other interpretation to be cast with it.

The Mistress does sing "Another Suitcase in Another Hall" in the stage version. They just gave it to Madonna in the movie to further feature her and to make Eva's character more sympathetic.

Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:44 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

You have a chance at Eva even if you're not a huge belter (the recent tour had more of a soprano type in the role)

Both Kathy Voytko and Sarah Litzsinger had hellish belt voices - Kathy belted the crap out of the F# in A New Argentina and held it, and Sarah really nailed it too. I think that Eva really has to have a solid belt voice up to E. The F in Buenos Aires "And if ev*er* I go too far..." can be mixed/head-voiced, and you don't need to sing the F's and F# in A New Argentina... but I think if your belt voice can't sustain an E... well... I think it should be able to for the role. Buenos Aires as written goes down to a bottom D, but most Evas tend to go up in some variation on it... Elaine Paige and Maya Hakvoort being two of the only ones I can recall who sing the low passage.

The Mistress goes up to an E Natural as written in Another Suitcase in Another Hall.

- Personals

Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]