The Resource For Musicals

Evita Forum

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
New Pictures! 
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Post New Pictures!
http://www.evitathemusical.com/

I'm happy that they went with Che as the every man, like in the film, instead of him being Che Guevara.

Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:36 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Me too(and what an attractive Che he is!), I like the idea that he can be ANYBODY. Che represents kinda the people of Argentina, her fans, the people who hate her. Some moments it almost seems like the character of Che expresses Eva's inner feelings/or doubts and dwells upon that.

Now if some amazing/daring director changed the Che role into a female hmmmm......... :mrgreen: lol

Audra McDonald Adam Pascal

Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:50 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Now if some amazing/daring director changed the Che role into a female hmmmm......... :mrgreen: lol

Originally, Rice wanted Eva's hairdresser (a woman, who I can't remember what her name was) to be the Narrator of EVITA, then he read about Che, then came the better idea.

Andy.

JCS 2003 (Apostle/Swing)
IOLANTHE 2004 (Peer)
EVITA 2007 (Swing)
CANAJUN EH? (2007)
CHRISTMAS LOVE TRAIN (2007)

Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Blonde Twin wrote:

Originally, Rice wanted Eva's hairdresser (a woman, who I can't remember what her name was) to be the Narrator of EVITA, then he read about Che, then came the better idea.

Andy.

Very Interesting.... I didn't know that.

Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:46 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: punctuation
Main Role: Fan
Me too(and what an attractive Che he is!), I like the idea that he can be ANYBODY. Che represents kinda the people of Argentina, her fans, the people who hate her. Some moments it almost seems like the character of Che expresses Eva's inner feelings/or doubts and dwells upon that.

Matt Rawle's always been pretty easy on the eyes, although I heard his Marius was as interesting as moss.

http://www.gavinbarkerassociates.co.uk/ ... _rawle.htm

The Very Angry Man has retired from musicals.net.

Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Blonde Twin wrote:

Matt Rawle's always been pretty easy on the eyes, although I heard his Marius was as interesting as moss.

http://www.gavinbarkerassociates.co.uk/ ... _rawle.htm

Just pray his Che isn't that way. I actually haven't read any reviews of him yet so who knows...

Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:46 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I think it would have to be an extremely daring director, as we are talking about altering a character that in all technicality, was a real person.

Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:47 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Blonde Twin wrote:

I think it would have to be an extremely daring director, as we are talking about altering a character that in all technicality, was a real person.

As I said in the initial post, Che is no longer the actual Che so if they changed it to a woman (which would be extremely difficult) it would now be the "every woman" I suppose.

Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:19 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

MsDivaKate wrote:
Blonde Twin wrote:

As I said in the initial post, Che is no longer the actual Che so if they changed it to a woman (which would be extremely difficult) it would now be the "every woman" I suppose.

Oh I understand that. However I think you not only would have to have a daring director, but an open audience.

Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:43 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

AndrewShatterhand wrote:
MsDivaKate wrote:
Blonde Twin wrote:

Oh I understand that. However I think you not only would have to have a daring director, but an open audience.

Yeah I know, but I was just thinking about it because (even though they are ENTIRELY different shows) I've heard a few productions of "Joseph" have their Narrators as a guy. But, again TOTALLY different shows lol I just like to dream :P :mrgreen:

Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:06 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Oh hunnie I know. I like to dream about it sometimes too. And I've actually seen a production of Joseph with the Narrator split (professional theatre too) amongst a female and a male...which surprisingly did not bother me lol

Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:20 pm

Actually...
http://www.theatre-musical.com wrote:
Note:
I received the following from Roman by email - just some food for thought!
"In Evita the character called "Che" may not be actually Ernesto "Che" Guevara. In Argentina the word "Che", according to the Spanish Royal Academy dictionary, a familiar form of treatment used to call someone or ask for attention.
So perhaps the character known as "Che" is not a particular person but a personification of the people's feelings (or what Lloyd Weber thinks are the feelings of the people).
I think so because Guevara wasn't like the character of the performance. Ernesto Guevara was, before he went to Cuba, an university student and a member of an aristocratic family (the "Guevara Lynch"). He wasn't a common man, a member of the middle class."

So in that case, it isn't necesarilly the famous Che Guevara, although he can be interpretted as such. I think a female Che might work, especially since there are only two lead female roles.

The lady playing Eva looks very attractive as a brunette.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next