The Resource For Musicals

Evita Forum

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
12 Year old Mistress 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: 12 Year old Mistress
Annaliese wrote:
I have heard of productions that cast a very young actress to play Peron's Mistress to bring out Peron's pedophilic tendancies. Has anyone else ever heard of this type of casting in Evita?

A 44 year-old and a 12 year-old?! YUCK!!

Another Suitcase In Another Hall would have no meaning for the child.

Andy.

JCS 2003 (Apostle/Swing)
IOLANTHE 2004 (Peer)
EVITA 2007 (Swing)
CANAJUN EH? (2007)
CHRISTMAS LOVE TRAIN (2007)

Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Well, when I was twelve I did my Grade four musical theatre exam and Another Suitcase was my modern piece. My singing teacher chose it not just because it suited my voice but also because I was a suitable age so I'm guessing so...?

Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:19 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

A 12 year old doesn't have the memories, experiences, emotions needed for that song!

The Mistress is 16. She's probably been with Peron for a while, but she has come from other relationships. In those relationships, she's been abused and rejected... thus making her become aware that love affairs "don't last for long." A 12 year old doesn't know that. They're to busy dreaming about boys and who they want to be with for life.

(I once knew a girl who wanted to marry Zakary Hanson when he was 14 and she was barely 12)

The Mistress has also become "immune to gloom" and doesn't seem to care about what happens to her.

BUT she's also vulnerable. She wants to be loved. But she hasn't found that someone, yet.

Andy.

JCS 2003 (Apostle/Swing)
IOLANTHE 2004 (Peer)
EVITA 2007 (Swing)
CANAJUN EH? (2007)

Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

yes i think she must have 16 or 17 years old

Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:08 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

The mistress is usually played by a twenty-something who looks younger. In the last UK tour with Marti Webb, Peron had two girls sat on his lap during rainbow high, they looked about fourteen years old and had lollipops. I think this is shown during this song to show what Peron was getting up to while Eva was busying herself for the rainbow tour.
Peron was well-known to have a thing for underage girls, and he and Eva had seperate bedrooms in the Casa Rosada...

Fri May 04, 2007 3:54 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

WHAT?!

A 12 year old doesn't have the memories, experiences, emotions needed for that song!

The Mistress is 16. She's probably been with Peron for a while, but she has come from other relationships. In those relationships, she's been abused and rejected... thus making her become aware that love affairs "don't last for long." A 12 year old doesn't know that. They're to busy dreaming about boys and who they want to be with for life.

(I once knew a girl who wanted to marry Zakary Hanson when he was 14 and she was barely 12)

The Mistress has also become "immune to gloom" and doesn't seem to care about what happens to her.

BUT she's also vulnerable. She wants to be loved. But she hasn't found that someone, yet.

Andy.

I see your point- BUT I think that you are being too general. I doubt that a 12 year old who has been sexually abused by 40 year olds would be "dreaming about boys." I think that she WOULD be "immune to gloom" and not caring about what happens to her. Think about the character Easy from "Taxi Driver" She was a twelve year old prostitute and she had that kind of attitude towards life already.

Thu May 17, 2007 10:35 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I was going to audition for the new US tour of EVITA for the Young Mistress and I'm gonna be 16 in October.

I think the youngest you should be is 15.

Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:10 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I know this is kinda an old thread, but I played Peron's Mistress at 14. I think you can't cast her too old, or else sometimes the song gets to mixed up with 'I WANT SOMEONE TO LOVE ME REAL BAD IN A GRAND ROMANTIC WAY,' when I think it's more like 'I WANT SOMETHING STABLE/A FATHER FIGURE/A FAMILY' (So... what happens now?)

I know because she's kicked out as Peron's lover, we sort of paint her that way. But I painted her as more of a desperate child prositute. Which a 14 can relate to, probably as well as a sixteen year old, unless said sixteen year old has been a prosititute.

Or could spell it better then I can.

Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:32 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

my high school is doing it this spring and I think the Mistress is supposed to be 12. but in my mind I saw her as 16. but I'm hoping to get that part. our director said it just needs to be someone who looks child-like and innocent :)

[Ginger, you will shine out there. For someone so small, you have a huge personality. You know they cant take that away from you.]--B. LaReau

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:01 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

"Peron's apartment. EVA and PERON enter. PERON's 16-year-old mistress is in bed."

So, please... keep her 16.

Andy.

JCS 2003 (Apostle/Swing)
IOLANTHE 2004 (Peer)
EVITA 2007 (Swing)
CANAJUN EH? (2007)

Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2