Evita Forum

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
What do you think of Eva? 

What do you think about Eva?
She was a wonderful person 100%  100%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 14

What do you think of Eva? 

Post What do you think of Eva?
Tim Rice loved her and ALW thought she was a "w"itch. What is your take on the Rainbow of Argentina?

Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:24 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I would vote, but there's no in between. She had her good, but she also had her bad. However, everyone does, it just depends on how you live your life and make choices between the two. She was on public display, so we had the opportunity of seeing her good and bad and their results.

Dustin

Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:42 pm

I think she was a person, just like everyone else, and was just as imperfect as everyone else. She made choices, possibly wrong ones, but influenced so many people. She definitely made an impact, though I'm not sure if it was good or bad.

~Jenny
:lol:

Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:35 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I think that, though she helped herself a lot, and took advantage of a lot of ppl, she also helped a lot of other people. So there's the yin and yang type of thing -- everyone's got it, y'know? Nobody's all bad or perfect.

All-Star Musical Character >> Eponine

Sun Jun 30, 2002 2:02 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I think you are all right. And you have to think about the time she lived in. If she hadn't done the "bad" things she did, how should she get where she was at the end of her career? I think she did much for emancipation and improving women's rights.

Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:59 am
Profile ICQ
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Eva Peron
I think she started out wrong but in the end corrected herself and went a good way and changed a country and its people.

In a loose way, I view her impact as the one Jackie Kennedy had and the US. Now Jackie never ran around before becoming First Lady but when she was First Lady she really impacted the country and left a definate impression.

Sat Jul 06, 2002 6:23 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I once read a biography of Eva. After her death, there was some kind of anti-peronisme in Argentina, so they also didn't like Eva. The musical was influenced a bit by that.
For example, it is only known by fact that Magaldi helped Eva when she started in Buenos Aires, but not about a love affair between them.

Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:22 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I read quite a bit about her when I did evita a few years back. I think she is like most people and flawed its just that her flaws were magnified for the situation she was put it. I think she did care about the common people but I dont know if she cared about them more than herself.

Tue Jul 16, 2002 7:04 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Dustin

Tue Jul 16, 2002 8:23 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

The woman, or the character in the musical? Either way, not enough choices in this poll. Misunderstood by whom? Those who loved her? Hated her? Both?

Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:16 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Well
I agree with everyone, it's not an easy one to call. As Che is our narrator I think for the most part we are supposed to follow his view - ie. Eva as manipulator/power hungry etc. but I think her death is the turning point. After her death we are prompted to question exactly who was doing the manipulating and I think this sheds a different light on her character.

Did anyone else think the portrayal of Eva in the movie was completely different to on stage. I think she's much more the victim in the movie, especially in the Magaldi affair, and her subsequent love affairs.

Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:07 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

She was an incredibly powerful person, who did some great things, and some terrible things. Even today, there is still some anti-Peron feelings in Argentina, because of some of the things the regime did. But as a person, I don't think most of us an make an accurate judgment, most people are very different in the light of a camera than they are in their homes.

Hold on, the night will soon be by...
- Hold On, Secret Garden (All-Star Theme Song)

Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next