The Resource For Musicals

Crazy For You Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Info about ZANGLER and info about any videos/dvd/movies 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post Info about ZANGLER and info about any videos/dvd/movies
Hi!
I would like to know as much as possible about the character of Bela Zangler. Especially his character/behavior and how he should be interpreted. Also any peole that he might be compared to and adjectives that descrbe him.
thanks!

I would also would like to know if there rae any movie versions of this musical or videos that i can purchase or see

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!

Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:19 pm

Main Role: Fan
zangler is a caricature of Florenze Ziegfeld. His character is always played with an eastern european accent. Ws sound like Vs etc. His character is also veryt pompous and stiff except after he gets drunk in the "What causes that" number. Zangler is a very fun role to play, and is just one of the comic relief figures in the show. The highlight of the show for this character is the scene where Bobby (disguised as Zangler) and Zangler both get drunk and do a comic bith where they mirror each other's actions. When done well this scene is a highlight of the show.

There is a recording of this show that was done for PBS about 10 years ago. I'm not sure where to pick up a copy of it. It was a live recording of the stage show, and featured Larry Linville (Major Frank Burns of M*A*S*H) in a cameo role as Polly's father.

Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:12 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I played Zangler in this show just last year!

Wow.
What an amazing show.

My friend jimmy played bobby

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S3vqyXy9sQg
(scene with mirror. Good night I'd say)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iT0dpF1md4o&feature=related
(song!)

Sorry bout the low quality.

Taped from the Cat walks.
haha

Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:56 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

zangler is a caricature of Florenze Ziegfeld. His character is always played with an eastern european accent. Ws sound like Vs etc. His character is also veryt pompous and stiff except after he gets drunk in the "What causes that" number. Zangler is a very fun role to play, and is just one of the comic relief figures in the show. The highlight of the show for this character is the scene where Bobby (disguised as Zangler) and Zangler both get drunk and do a comic bith where they mirror each other's actions. When done well this scene is a highlight of the show.

There is a recording of this show that was done for PBS about 10 years ago. I'm not sure where to pick up a copy of it. It was a live recording of the stage show, and featured Larry Linville (Major Frank Burns of M*A*S*H) in a cameo role as Polly's father.

Bump. I would also like to know where this recording can be found (IF it can be found). If anyone knows where to find this, would you please either reply or PM me? Thanks!

Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]