The Resource For Musicals

Crazy For You Forum

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Costumes & Hair-C4U 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Post Costumes & Hair-C4U
Hey again-my mother is doing costumes and hair for C4U- does anyone have any ideas? (also) does anyone have any photos of what the set design should look like and-or costumes and hair for Irene?
If you have any ideas , I will be eternally gratefull-Thanx :D

Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:46 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

For the follie girls and Irene our costume designer said to go as curly as possible. Think early thirties Ginger Rogers. The costumes were of his original design...I'll get pictures if I can.

Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:19 am
Profile YIM
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

We just got done with our performance of Crazy for You!
I have a couple random pics right now, but once we get our real pictuers I will post them!
This is Irene. FOr her hair she did a finger wave, and it was short and black.
This is me (I was Polly) The hair stylist rolled my hair and the curly piece in the back is a hairpiece, I in actuality have chin length hair.
For the Follies, they all wore blonde curly wigs for the beginning scene.
This is Polly, Patsy, Irene, Tess, Polly, (double cast! haha), and Mother.

Sun May 07, 2006 7:40 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

For the follies' beginning numbers while they are at the theatre, they all had on blonde curly wigs. Their costumes were mainly a black satin corset like top and skirt which they added different color crinolines underneath. For slap that bass the follies had button up shirts tied over a white tank top and like a chiffon skirt. For entrance to nevada they wore day dresses with hats and gloves and they had "suitcases" which were actually made out of wood and that they danced on.
Irene: she usually wore long slinky dresses or anything flashy, with a hat and she had one of those long skinny black cigarette type things. Hair was put in a finger wave.
Mother: Anything flashy kind of over the top hat, fur coat things like that that are period.
Polly: anything country, hair was put in rolls in the front and I wore a hairpiece because my hair is pretty short. Like a ponytail/clip thing but it turned out really good actually, it looks like real hair.
I hope this helps :)

Tue May 09, 2006 4:45 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

If you check a few entries back I posted our pics. Including some of the Follies girls and Irene.

Tue May 09, 2006 4:52 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Whenever I was in crazy for you, I played Tess. And for the Follies girls, the opening we did some crazy hair do's since it was the opening part. Then at the end, we did it down, and then the rest of the time, we just wore it up in buns. I remember our make-up, we did some bright eye shadows, but neutral colors. Then for our lips, we did really really bright red lipstick. We did the *heart thing* If you know what i mean.

:)

(Av art by Rahlee)

Tue May 23, 2006 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

My community musical society is putting on Crazy For You and I'm Irene. But of course I've a problem with my hair.

My hair is long (about a foot and a half) and straight and it doesn't curl very well. We only have a week before the show and there won't be any hair stylists there, we'll be expected to put it up ourselves.

If someone could suggest something suitable, stable and simple, I'd be tremendously appreciative!

Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:53 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: Costumes & Hair-C4U
I suggest you use the real hair extensions that come in various types and color for the various hairstyles you intend to do as they are really easy to use and natural as well.

[Mod edit: I expect you meant well, but including urls to commercial sites isn't permitted on this website.]

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]