The Resource For Musicals

Company Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
For Children? 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Post For Children?
A local theatre is doing a production of Company. I was wondering if it's more adult themed or suitable for children. What is the minimum age you think a child should be before they see it?

Can you tell me if there is any cursing, sexual references, etc that I need to worry about? Maybe compare it to another musical? I really know nothing about it except that it's about marriage. I would appreciate any advice and facts you lovely people can give me. Thank you.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:52 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

It depends on the director, I'd say. There is a scene where three of the characters smoke pot and some mild innuendos, but that should go right over the kids' heads. There's also some mild cussing, but no "f"'s. I'd say kids 12 and up should be okay.

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:22 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Overcoming illness
Main Role: Performer
I would not recommend it for children at all. There is swearing, drug use, and sexual content.

Above all, however, it is not for children because the themes are too mature for them to understand. They won't understand the characters' situations or "get" the point of the story. Because of this, they won't enjoy themselves. You need to be older to be able to appreciate this masterpiece of theatre to its fullest.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]