The Resource For Musicals

Company Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Does Bobby REALLY want marriage? 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Does Bobby REALLY want marriage?
I have heard this question at many times and I don't know if it's been discussed here yet. There are two schools of thought on the subject; one says that after singing "Being Alive", Bobby truly wants to be married. The other group says that he is simply deciding that he is ready to be married. First of all, aren't these the same thing?

Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:07 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: Does Bobby REALLY want marriage?
adcahela wrote:
I have heard this question at many times and I don't know if it's been discussed here yet. There are two schools of thought on the subject; one says that after singing "Being Alive", Bobby truly wants to be married. The other group says that he is simply deciding that he is ready to be married. First of all, aren't these the same thing?

How is being ready for something the same thing as wanting to do something? I'm ready for the start of my physics class on Monday, but that doesn't mean I want to be there.

I think Bobby never wanted to get married. Even if he himself didn't know it, it was a subconscious thing for him. The whole self-discovery thing after Ladies Who Lunch is when Bobby really figures himself out and from that moment on, he comes to terms with the way he thinks - that's why Joanne said that she did him a huge favor. At least that's my interpretation of it.

Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]