The Resource For Musicals

Cinderella Forum

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
'Cinderella' questions 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post 'Cinderella' questions
1)What are the roles of the Steward and Chef like? Tell me everything there is to know about these characters.
2)What is the Prince's highest note and where does it occur?
3)Which TV version is closest to the R&H licensed script?

Any help would be appreciated!

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:00 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Overcoming illness
Main Role: Performer
I love Cinderella! It was one of the first musicals I performed in, and it was great fun.

I don't remember what the Prince's highest note was.

As for the Steward and Chef, they appear in the "Your Majesties" scene. The two have solo lines in the song and are an integral part of the food dance that follows. The Chef often doubles as a member of the ensemble. In our production, we just had the Herald play the Steward for simplicity's sake.

None of the three film versions match the stage adaptation perfectly. This is because the stage version almost always includes the songs "Boys and Girls Like You and Me" and "Loneliness of Evening," neither of which appear in the first and third films. The latter is in the 1965 Lesley Ann Warren movie, but that one also cuts "Your Majesties."

Feel free to ask me any more questions you might have on the show. I sort of became an expert on it, lol! :D

Sat May 01, 2010 10:57 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: 'Cinderella' questions
In case anyone was interested, The Prince's highest note is D beneath High G.

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:26 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Were you involved in a production of Cinderella? Was the music done live? and approx. how many performers were there? I'm thinking of doing this show with my students and would love more information.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:46 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

You may want to take a look at The Performing Set by Andrew B. Harris which details the careers of William and Jean Eckert, including the 1957 TV scenic and costume design for Cinderella.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]