The Resource For Musicals

Cinderella Forum

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
The Movie 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post The Movie
I recently saw the Roger's and Hammerstine's version of Cinderella starring Brandy as Cinderella. Another well-known star played the Godmother, but I can't remember who it is. Anyway, I just wanted to know your veiws on the movie. Did it do the musical justice? Was the interpritation good? Etc...

Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:04 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Although if I had to list the members of this forum whose sense of self-worth seems alarmingly dependent upon the constant sycophantic support of internet-based friends, I`d certainly run out of fingers. - Mumsytype

Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:05 am
Profile WWW
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I just watch it last night and I love it!! I think the prince is hot and I love Bernadette Peters as the step mother!! but I like the original movie better!

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

I completely hated Brandi or Brandy or whatever the heck her name is as Cinderella. I was not at all impressed with her singing, and from what I remember of the movie, I wasn't impressed with the prince either. Although he was rather hot. I also really didn't like their costumes and set. Too bright. Too fake. The only good thing was Bernadette.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:18 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

What REALLY aggravated (sp?) me was that before every line that was sung, Cinderella & the Prince would take REALLY loud breaths (most noticably in the duet near the beginning when they first meet). It actually really made me mad. Did anybody else notice this?

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:49 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

^No, I didn't notice that. I liked it when Bernadette Peters sang the song, 'Falling In Love With Love'. She had a good singing voice for that number. :) I actually liked Brandy's singing. Whitney Houston was okay for the Godmother, Paulo Maltoban made a pretty good prince, Victor Garber made a handsome King, and Whoopi Goldberg made a funny Queen. :P I was just recently did a production of CINDERELLA, and it was fun! Our cast was really good. :D I'll always remember that time.

"Live, that's the message!"
"Live?"
"Yes, life is a banquet, and most of you poor suckers are starving to death!"

Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:22 pm

I DEFINATELY agree about the Falling in Love With Love.

I thought Whitney Houston was a fantabulous Godmother, though.

Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:57 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post cinderall
the only version of cindarell i saw was the disney one lol but i have seen one apon a time with the girl of never been kissed sos my her name has gone lol but that was very good i gess lol but my fav way of seeing cinderll is in a panto at xams one of my favroites just finshed doing a prodcution i was a number of roles but had greta time doing it

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:32 am

Post Re: cinderall
panda wrote:
the only version of cindarell i saw was the disney one lol but i have seen one apon a time with the girl of never been kissed sos my her name has gone lol but that was very good i gess lol but my fav way of seeing cinderll is in a panto at xams one of my favroites just finshed doing a prodcution i was a number of roles but had greta time doing it

I didn't understand a word you said. That made absolutely no sense whatsoever. :?

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:59 am

Post Re: cinderall
panda wrote:

The only version of Cinderella i saw was the Disney one, (lol) but i have seen Once Upon a Time with the girl of Never Been Kissed (Drew Barrymore) sos my her name has gone lol but that was very good i guess lol but my fav way of seeing cinderella is in a panto at Christmas. One of my favroites just finished doing a production. I was a number of roles but had great time doing it.

That's what I could decipher. Spellcheck, panda?

Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I think it's Ever After with Drew Barrymore... which sort of is a fairy tale. LOVE Never Been Kissed - Micheal Vartain (sp?) as the teacher is lush.
Getting back to the movie... everything is fake and horrible. The costumes don't get me started! I think Whitney did a good job and she was the only aspect that remotely made me want to sit down and finish viewing the rest of the film. And whoever posted that the Prince is hot? 8O

Although if I had to list the members of this forum whose sense of self-worth seems alarmingly dependent upon the constant sycophantic support of internet-based friends, I`d certainly run out of fingers. - Mumsytype

Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I liked the dancing in the ballroom scene though

Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next