The Resource For Musicals

Cinderella Forum

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Cinderella tryouts 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post Cinderella tryouts
The try outs for the part of Cinderella are coming soon! I need to prepare. I have never seen the musical. Can someone tell me a little about it and what songs to sing? I can do Alto or Supprano (<--- however you spell it!) and I love Wicked and West Side Story if I should sing those or stick with the musical. I want to be Cinderella. Acting is in the bag. They give you a monolougue. I have been acting, singing, and dancing since I was around 5 years old. I REALLY want the part of Cinderella so... HELP!!

Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:26 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Cinderella is mostly an alto; her songs generally call for you to be pretty mellow-sounding; since you like Wicked, I was going to suggest Popular as an audition song but then I thought that that may be too... not mellow. I think "If I Were A Bell" would be a pretty good audition song for Cinderella. The dancing is pretty much ballroom dancing. I'm sorry, i probably just told you stuff you already know.
Anyway, good luck!!

Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:49 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Cinderella has some soprano in there too!!

Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:52 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I was going to say, I'm almost positive the role is a soprano role. Wicked and WSS are so overdone, and there are so many beautiful soprano songs in the world, you could pick something a lot better. I feel like I suggest this song to everyone, but Unusual Way from Nine is a really good soprano song. Somebody Somewhere from The Most Happy Fella is pretty good. Dear Friend or Will He Like Me? from She Loves Me are good soprano songs, although not my personal favorites. I Promise You A Happy Ending or Time Heals Everything from Mack and Mabel, I like those a lot. In a Little While or Yesterday I Loved You from Once Upon A Mattress are good songs for Cinderella (just do Larkins part). You could do Pirate Jenny from Threepenny Opera, although its not at all suiting of the character of Cinderella...i'm honestly just saying that song because it love it, consider it for other auditions. :D

Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:52 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Wicked, Rent, anything to those widely-known musicals are waaay overdone in musicals. Just DON'T DO IT. Don't sing a song from the same musical, either. Big no no! Unless instructed by the director. Cinderella is around the vocal range of a second soprano. You could sing something from My Fair Lady, or Beauty and the Beast. Something that realates to Cinderella through the song. It shows the director you have a great understanding of the role.

"Theatre is magic. Blessed are those who make the magic."

Sat May 09, 2009 5:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]