The Resource For Musicals

Cinderella Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Teens in Cast 
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Post Teens in Cast
Ok so I'm auditioning for Cinderella at a local community theater. I'm 16 and I'm singing "In My Own Little Corner" because the director wants the song to be from the show. I'm short and I look more like I'm 13. I'm just auditioning for ensemble and I have a good chance at getting in either Teen ensemble or Kids ensemble. What numbers would I most likely perform in if I were in either of these? Thanks for the help!

Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

You would most likely perform in "the prince is giving a ball." There are a lot of ensemble solos in there that you could try out for. If you look old enough to be an eligible young woman then you could be in the ballroom scenes. Also, you'll probably be in the final wedding scene where the whole cast sings "ten minutes ago"

Coming up: audition for "Guys and Dolls"

This is life

Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:32 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Musicals!
Post Chorus "Ten Minutes Ago"
dlahr1988 wrote:
Also, you'll probably be in the final wedding scene where the whole cast sings "Ten Minutes Ago"

The full cast sings "Do I Love You Because You're Beautiful" in the wedding scene. The choral reprise of "Ten Minutes Ago" is a part of the "Waltz For a Ball" sequence.

Later days
David

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:25 am
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

There's also a shoe-fitting scene that can be really fun, if your director plays with it. I was an old woman (high school production), who'd had the line about wanting to be a younger girl in "The Prince is Giving a Ball." I spent the whole shoe fitting scene trying to make my way up to the platform to try on the shoe. I got knocked on the ground, stepped on, pushed down, but finally made it to the platform, one minute after the rest of the cast cleared off the stage. It was a brilliant moment of physical comedy for me. Anyways, basically, the director can choose to create some great moments for chorus, so I say, go for it!

The Past:Interviewer #1, The Interview; Wanda, Unbeatable Harold; Mrs. Pearce, MFL; Fruma Sarah, Fiddler on the Roof
The Present: UVic Theatre Major
The Future: Crack-ho?

Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]