The Resource For Musicals

Cinderella Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Cinderella auditions - please come to my rescue! 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Cinderella auditions - please come to my rescue!
I originally put this in the audition forums but no one assisted so fingers crossed someone will help me out here...

The story. Only a week to go and it's the auditions for my amateur society's / Community Theatre (if your're American! ) panto production : Cinderella.

***Note NOT R&H Version***

I have now decided to go for all the roles. With Cinderella, The Fairy and Dandini my top three!

Anyone who has played a role in Cinderella please give your advice as I'm desperate - there's nothing to help me with characterisation on the internet.

I also think that people who have played Cinderella in R & H version would help me a lot - just with tips on how to portray her innocence etc etc. And the same goes for the Fairy Godmother

Also I am not sure what to wear so any tips?! It is never a dance audition with this particular amateur society but just some advice on make up / clothes etc. Just intereasted that's all!

Thank you in advance.

Although if I had to list the members of this forum whose sense of self-worth seems alarmingly dependent upon the constant sycophantic support of internet-based friends, I`d certainly run out of fingers. - Mumsytype

Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

I played a dancer at the ball, and it was R&H, not another version, but I will try to help you out.

I can definatley help out with the clothing department
Wear comfortable clothes you can move around in, but don't look sloppy.
You said they arn't dance auditons, so you don't have to wear dance-wear, but I'm not suggesting you wear a full out prom dress. Also, I suggest not wearing tons of jewlary. It really is up to you, but you want to make a good impression on who ever is casing.

Don't wear to much make-up. I don't really know that much about makeup. All I can say is that if you don't normally wear makeup, don't decide to start right before auditions. You want it to look good.

Keep your hair out of your eyes The eyes are the “windows to the soul” and you do not want hair covering them up.

Check this site out-you'll never know what you will find there!
http://www.musicaltheatreaudition.com/joomla/

And remember SMILE![/url]

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:51 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Thank you very much for the advice BUT.... audititions were in November lol (Not sounding rude I am grateful because I can use your tips for other auditions)

Anyway the story...

I didn't get a role and was so angry about it. My society's policy is you have to be at least 16 and have done a previous show to get a main role.
(I am 16 and have done 7!)

They gave Cinders to a girl who is 14 and never done a show before. Then I find out 3 weeks later she is skiing when the shows are taking place. I just feel so angry that the casting panal are contradicting themselves.

The big issue I feel is, that I have done 7 shows with this society and been in the chorus for a lot of them. Also I refuse to be in a show where the director obviously does not like me for some reason. I am not being paronoid it's true.

A lot of people were surprised that I didn't get a role especially Cinderella or Dandini. Last year the panal said they will only give a role to someone who has at least done one show.

Some of the principals have had big roles in other shows! The only big role I have ever had was the children's production The Wizard Of Oz - I was the Wicked Witch.

I know I should keep on trying but to be honest, why should I be so commited etc etc when it's so obvious the panel have their favourites.

Looking on the positive side, I'm doing A Levels at the moment so I better be concentrating on that. And I will volunteer to film the show as I'm doing media at college.

I found out that since the young girl dropped out, the Prince is now Cinderella, and Dandini the Prince. So they were looking for a Dandini. It was between this lady who has gotten so many principals in the past and myself! No surprise they picked this lady.

I feel so downtrodden. But I am thinking of volunteering to be 'assistant director,' for the play they usually do or Sweet Charity the musical.

Thank you for your help!

Although if I had to list the members of this forum whose sense of self-worth seems alarmingly dependent upon the constant sycophantic support of internet-based friends, I`d certainly run out of fingers. - Mumsytype

Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:14 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]